Need Advice, Points Dont Matter! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As many of you know or will find out, I play a Black Templar army. Now normally I dont look to get much advice on them but this is a time were i want "Your" oppinion. The Leader of my armys Name is Akratil MaliKhan and he was a Emporers champion (now i have good fluff to support it so no critisism LOL)

Anyways back to the question in hand. I want my Chaplain to be the nastiest Mother #%#@$ I can make him. Points dont matter. Tell me what i should do to make him nasty.

Sofar I know I want him to have Terminator Armor! What else should I do? what should I equip him with to make him Brutal

Or should I make Him a Force Commander with terminator armor? and then what would I equip him with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear chaplains are really good for their point costs, and the crozius is also beats I hear. I don't have much experience playing space marines as I do other races, but term armour would be good.

That or put a jet pack on him, and have him lead an assault squad. maybe deck him out with a few upgrades, he really doesnt need too many as he is a good buy for the points.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you want real nasty? Dont give him Terminator armor. Playing BT's you should tool him up for HtH, which is where Chaplains own anyway...

buying Termi armor for a chaplain is kind of a waste... he already has a 4+ inv save so the crux terminatus save is wasted. If you really want the 2+ save just buy artificer armor.

Ok Real nasty this is what I give 'em. First Mastercraft the crozius, simply put evil. Give him artificer armor, terminator honours, frag grenades, a jump pack and a powerfist for good measure. this guy will have 6 attacks on the charge (with one re-roll if you miss) will mostlikley go first in hand to hand and has power weapon attacks. If he needs to thump something big he's got the powerfist. For more nasty-ness have him join an assault squad and lead them around the battle field. This tactic can cripple enemy strong points when used correctly.

just my 2 credits...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by evevrythingstatic@Oct 7 2003, 10:16
    you want real nasty? Dont give him Terminator armor. Playing BT's you should tool him up for HtH, which is where Chaplains own anyway...

buying Termi armor for a chaplain is kind of a waste... he already has a 4+ inv save so the crux terminatus save is wasted. If you really want the 2+ save just buy artificer armor.

Ok Real nasty this is what I give 'em. First Mastercraft the crozius, simply put evil. Give him artificer armor, terminator honours, frag grenades, a jump pack and a powerfist for good measure. this guy will have 6 attacks on the charge (with one re-roll if you miss) will mostlikley go first in hand to hand and has power weapon attacks. If he needs to thump something big he's got the powerfist. For more nasty-ness have him join an assault squad and lead them around the battle field. This tactic can cripple enemy strong points when used correctly.

just my 2 credits...
    Now thats what im talking about! how many points would that be though? and should I have him lead aTerminator Assult Squad to make it really nasty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot give him a lightning claw can I? they just look better LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I concur with everythingstatic, that would be best if you gave him artificer armour, and a jump pack, master craft crozius, and let the good times roll. If you gave him term armour, even though he's a badass w/ tactical dreadnought armour, he's a footslogger. So to remedy that, you would need a Land Raider (Or Crusader Variant since I know you love them so much) to carry them around, which for that altogether would be near 500 points (approximate guess, I don't play Space marines.)

But it's all up to you and what you prefer.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Land Raider Crusaderz LOL they are bad ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think what everythingstatic says but give him terminator armour and get him leading a terminator assault squad in a land raider crusader.

im not sure how many terminators the crusader can hold so this might not be allowed
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can hold only 8 terminators. Or 7 and my chaplain LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so take a chaplain and 7 terminators. get close and cause havoc
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast