Space Marine Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive only just started DH, and currently i have a couple of small gk squads and a stormtropper unit
    but i want my army to grow quite large, with lots of options
    so in a daemonhunters army without any gk, what kind of things would you use from the marine codex?
    i know i would need a couple of stormtropper squads and a inquisitor lord, but what else?

for all your beastmen needs, check out the Herdstone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

well, personally, i reckon daemonhunters work better with imperial guard as oppose to space marines because of the fewer number of the grey knights works great with the huge numbers of the guardsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenozuma
    well, personally, i reckon daemonhunters work better with imperial guard as oppose to space marines because of the fewer number of the grey knights works great with the huge numbers of the guardsmen.
    I like smurf allies if only because everyone has a box of marines hidden away somewhere. Look at p39 of codex daemonhunters for a balanced force. My must take units would be scouts, landspeeders maybe a tactical squad and a predator armed for tank busting. Rounds out a DH force nicely while letting you maintain a feel of mobility and eliteness.
    HALO 2 - Sure those first few games where you wipe out the opposition with the rocket launcher, overshield and camoflage are fun but after a while you start looking for something more. Next it has to be death by plasma sword or sticky bomb, till pretty soon only clobbering your opponent with the butt of your rifle will do. The more difficult something is to do, the more fun it is when you pull it off. For IG players the word for this is Mobility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since he dunt want GKs, it'd be ok if you took space marines. just keep in mind that you gotta have two troops to access fast and heavy for allies (so you need tacticals or scouts, than you can get the fast and heavy choices)

if you go IG, you got two choices: armored fist (if you get transports for the Stormtroopers, this is recommended), or platoons (who's gonna expect fighting a DH army with actual numbers?!). You'll need some vehicles, so sentinels (customize according to situation.) and lemun russ are must's. remember that doctrines don't transfer to DH armies, so they aren't restricted.

if you go this way, you'll want your inq. lord to be CC, so strap him w/ a daemon hammer (or thunder hammer), and halocaust, and give him a retinue of three combat servs and three acolytes with storm shields (or refractor fields. either way, they guard the inq). you can also add an elite shooty with a psycannon and give him a retinue of 2 sages, mystic and three gun servs w/ heavy bolters for that extra shooty effect on anti horde. (as for elites, pick assassin according to foe.)

+ Reply to Thread