About Rhino's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: About Rhino's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so you got yerself a nice nifty Tac. Squad. And a Rhino attatched to transport it.

The question is...... if the Rhino drops the squad, is it free to transport other troops? Or is it dedicated to ONLY that squad? And if so, if the rhino somehow manages to outlive the squad is it then free to transport others? This is actually a general Transport question, but as most players play SM (at least 'round here thay do) I fugured this is the best place to get an answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To what i have seen, no the rhinos are not dedicated to that one squad. they can drop them off, run back, pick up another squad and drop them off where ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A transport bought as an upgrade for that unit can only ferry around that unit (barring specific rules countering it, like some Ork armies). There is a ruling on that, but I forget where it is off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rule is from the online FAQ. It has been out for a while, here is the most current version:

9. A transport vehicle may only transport the unit it was bought as an upgrade
    for. Characters that join a unit with a transport may be carried in it too, as long
    as they will fit of course. Vehicles that are not bought as an upgrade but
    which have transport capability (ie, Land Raiders and Falcons) can carry
    anybody they like (though still only one squad at a time plus a character that
    joins the squad). This is a deliberately harsh ruling, designed to stop players
    treating transports as some form of Warhammer 40,000 taxi service. There
    may be specific exemptions to this rule though, the ability of the Ork Kult of
    Speed mobs to fall back to any transport, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.... I KNEW I'd Seen that somewhere...... Also does anybody know what happens when the rhino is the only part of the unit left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think the rhino is actually treated as part of the unit.. so no unit specific rules apply to it... its just a transport

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if all of the non rhino units in a troop die and the rhino is left alive can it act in the same way as the land raider and transport any one unit at a time instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Lord@Oct 10 2003, 02:53
    if all of the non rhino units in a troop die and the rhino is left alive can it act in the same way as the land raider and transport any one unit at a time instead?
    No, vehicles bought as transports can only transport the unit it was bought for. (its in one of the official FAQs I think)
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhinos by themselves can still claim terrain sections, count as victory points if destroyed, tank shock (not very useful), use their storm bolter (if not shot off), and be used to cover other footbound units. They count as a completely separate unit at all times. They just don't take any force organization slots, for which you pay by not being allowed to use them with any other squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks raider, that's the answer I was lookin for.

Closed Thread