Need Help With Ig Armoured Company/steel Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the steel legion isnt an armoured company, but I am trying to make a tank heavy army. The main feature i saw on a site, that i would really like to have, is the feature where your commander or commissar is mounted in a tank. The I.G. codex doesnt confrim any of this, and am sure that an armoured company codex would allow it, but know how you have to have 1 or the other, and i just want to know if this is legal before I put any money into it.

A mechanized army where all units must be in a chimera, thanks to the doctrine, and i have(by that i mean will have) 1 leman russ, 2 demolishers, 2 hell hounds, 1 sentinal squad, 3 or 4 platoons of IG troops, each squad in a chimera, (this is where i start guessing) A commander and/or a commissar mounted in a leman russ, and maybe, just maybe i could get also a sentinal support squad with the commans "squad". Thats where i get blurry with the rules. Im pretty sure the sentinals are going too far, but if i could get them all the more better.

If this is legal, would it be steel legion or armoured comapny?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your going to use all the tanks you mentioned , it will be an armourd co. But I would suggest a normal mechanised army. Squads in chimeras cost almost as much as a russ and you have to have a minimum of 5 squads in chimeras, anyway is there someway you can get hold of the chapter approved with the rules for this (think it's Chapterapproved 2003).

The bad thing with armourd co is that the list isn't offical, you can use when playing with your friends at home but you cannot take the list to a tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whaaa????

The armored co is defiantly offical. I own a 2000 pt armored co and before building i emailed the tournament heads at GW. They said its approved, only thing is that you are required to use the WD army list (issue 274 i think) and not the chapter approved list, which is in 2004.

There are good points and bad points to an armored co. but the new shoot on the move rules make them more effective. Being an armored co. player i say go tanks but with what you have it would be cheaper to go mechanized infantry. I suggest customizing your chimeras with extra heavy weps from the IG heavy weapons sprues, if you use the custom vehical rules it adds about 40-60 pts (depending on weapons) to the cost of the chimera and makes them a hell of a lot more leathal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The list and rules can be downloaded free from GWs web site. Look for the chapter approved section.

Yes, armoured company is perfectly legal, like most chapter approved material. Personally I think the list is way to unbalanced (note, not cheesy, but it's not exactly the most conventional army) and should be permission only, but we're not here to talk about my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Yes, armoured company is perfectly legal, like most chapter approved material.
    Do you mean a simple battle with your pals or tournament legal? If you mean the latter please give me a link or a quote from where you've heard it.
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

From my experience tournaments will state in their rules what lists and models that aren't legal. The majority seems to be BGB and Codex rules/models only though.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Guardsman 173rd
    Do you mean a simple battle with your pals or tournament legal?
    I mean general use legal. Tournaments, I'd guess, decide what's legal and tell you beforehand.

It seems to me that if it's chapter approved, there's no reason why it shouldn't be tournament legal in most cases, though I'm sure some tournaments are more 'puritan' than others over this kind of thing.

This (Who Can Stand Against Me????) very recent post seems to suggest it is tournament legal, anyway.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; March 27th, 2005 at 18:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, just thought it was common knowledge that these kind of armies are made to be purley for those off set games when you want to try something diffrent. Anyway if Armourd.co is tournament legal then I can't see any reason why tyranid seeding swarms isn't, and that my friends is cheese incarnated.

and I'm still having trouble beliveing, can't somebody give me some evidence to support their claims??

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I myself belives it varies from tournament to tournament. Some might allow it, some might not.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    I myself belives it varies from tournament to tournament. Some might allow it, some might not.
    This is correct. Some places will not allow you to use Chapter Approved in the tournies, however I have read -many- a tournament report with Armoured Company, Kroot Mercenaries, things like that not only allowed but also winning. It just depends on the people running the tourney, so you'd have to talk to them beforehand.

+ Reply to Thread