Sob Codex?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sob Codex?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tracked down the chapter approved Sisters of Battle Rules sorta codex, I have not been able to find the original codex.

Can a priest led a Battle Sister or Celestian Squad?

Is it realistic for there being two bodyguard squads for both the Canoness and Celestian Superior?

Canoness Ilana

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

There is no original codex, not in 3d ed anyway. The Chapter Approved list is the only one they have at the mo, but they'll be in codex Witch Hunters .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Originally posted by Canoness_Ilana@Oct 9 2003, 11:58
    I have tracked down the chapter approved Sisters of Battle Rules sorta codex, I have not been able to find the original codex.

Can a priest led a Battle Sister or Celestian Squad?

Is it realistic for there being two bodyguard squads for both the Canoness and Celestian Superior?

Canoness Ilana
    First off the only current applyable rules for the sisters are in Chapter Approved. The actual old SOB codex is well out of date and is not for 3rd ed warhammer. It is great however if you wanna find some fluff, which it has plenty of. If your interested on that sort of thing well there&#39;s always one or two that can be found on Ebay. It was printed in 1997 and written by Gav Thrope (who should really stick to writting Last Chancers novels&#33. You can&#39;t miss it since it has that really drawing by John Blanche with our old Sister Stern in front of an sob army.

Anyway:
    1) Priests are only add on&#39;s to a squad, all squads need a sis. superior to lead them, still always use you will grow to love those extra faith points.

2) No it&#39;s not realistic, but if you feel it nessesary then why not. It would be a big points blunder depending what you add to them of course. I tend to use my poor cannoness as an independant character, she makes good effective bait and with a cloak of st. aspira and rosarius she normally stays alive long enouth to jump out unexpectadly at some poor fool. If you feel the need for a Celestian Superior then feel free to give her a celestian bodyguard. In that bodyguard it&#39;s wise to have a sister famulous that way you&#39;r able to bring along some IG goodies. Do your best with this famulous squad to bring an apc with you like the chimera. It&#39;s a shame however you can pick them from only the IG codex and not the catachan&#39;s etc.

Closed Thread