New Trial Vehicle Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think of the new disembarking rule??

No charging after getting out of the transport is just the same as deepstrike...What are the frag assault launchers on the cruisader for now. They are of no use because you cant charge (not even in troops that are in close combat). Is there a special rule for the landraider?? If you could you let me know?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

In all honesty, I hate the idea of not being able to charge after disembarking. Peoples say Rhino Rush sucks, and some go as far to say that its a Newbies rule (I've heard this said once )

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't transporting troops forward what APCs do?

I think if their going to take this out, then they should go back to the 2nd Ed (Was it 2nd Ed?) rules, where you couldn't disembark troops if the Rhino went 12"+ as it was said it would be moving to fast for troops to disembark.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logic appears to be no longer a part of the 40 k rules system, pity. This situation probably sums it up

A terminator veteran assualt squad (deathwing), veterans of hundreds of battles each charge forward in the chapters most revereed transport, in many ways the perfect attack tank/transport, the awesome LRC. Ahead of them is a XV8 crisis team, sporting considerable plasma firepower. The assault doors open, designed specifically for close assault troops. The brave deathwing charge out, and then, as if paralyzed, stop, and decide that their sergeants lone storm bolter really would be better off at taking out their enemy than their effecient, sharp lightning claws

With the exception of the no disembarking sh!t (i apologise for language but thats really the only way a player whose army is designed specifically for close combat can feel when they make an integral part of the army redundant) the new assault rules are ok. I can also see guard players a tiny bit annoyed because ordinance has to be alot more accurate if it wants to take out tanks, but then again they get to move and fire now.

Skimmers have really been down powered (grav tanks)- biel tan players will probably whine incessantly like me for this too

I have, however, heard that at least space marine vehicles will be getting an "assault doors" upgrade they can buy for their vehicles in the new Space Marine codex, but this is far from concrete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an assault door. And what does that do?? A marine that wants out is kick by an electrical boot out of the tank and straight in the unit. what about the frag launchers??? They are useless now. <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Trial Vehicle Rules are completely recinded as per GW. They were a brief experiment, and in no way have close to the status of the Trial Assault Rules. MANY problems were discovered. Remember the TAR went through several versions online before they were published in any usable form. I would provide feedback about the rules, but wouldn&#39;t consider using them other than to experiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought &#39;assault doors&#39; were like the doors on the front of the land raider. you were actually able to disembark and charge out of these doors... u know the funky ones that open up @ the front... but things like a Rhino arnt able to cos they just have more standard type side doors, which arnt really &#39;assaulty&#39;...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can&#39;t say I like the idea of disembarknig my marines outside the rhino unable to assault and only to get shot away before getting the chance to assault. As stated before isn&#39;t this the purpose of an APC? I can ony think about other armies like Eldar and IG, they would get slaughtered even worse than marines would. I think "Rhinorush" and disembarking rules should remian just the way they are (some modifications are ok though)

I believe I read somewhere that the change of the rules came because Andy Chambers despise the Rhinorush as it is today. Rhinorush is one of the easiest "tactics" to counter, and can hardly be called a problem. To be honest, I&#39;m not even sure if lunging all your troops towards the enemy like that can be called a true tactic, but that just me. The people that whine about the Rhinorush should just start to apply some tactics of their own and they would realize that Rhinorush can be used against the people that uses it.

If its true that Mr Chambers despise the Rhinorush that much, maybe he should consider changing his own tactics, instead of changing the rules so they fit him?
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well put.

how are skimmers being toned down?
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well according to wolfraider, the TVR&#39;s no longer apply, and as i can find no trace of them on the website, I tend to believe him. AS for the rush not being a tactic, that&#39;s absurd. It&#39;s just another form of the calvary charge (which was almost unstoppable before firearms changed the face of warfare). Granted just rushing forward blindly and disgorging your troops haphazardly into the foe isn&#39;t very devious, and not often effective; a good general will find the weak point in his opponents&#39; line(s) and apply maximum force there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LordHat@Oct 9 2003, 22:31
    Well according to wolfraider, the TVR&#39;s no longer apply, and as i can find no trace of them on the website, I tend to believe him. AS for the rush not being a tactic, that&#39;s absurd. It&#39;s just another form of the calvary charge (which was almost unstoppable before firearms changed the face of warfare). Granted just rushing forward blindly and disgorging your troops haphazardly into the foe isn&#39;t very devious, and not often effective; a good general will find the weak point in his opponents&#39; line(s) and apply maximum force there.
    I think the point was that they were rushing forward in the transport, and then being allowed to rush forward some more.

People can argue the realism of it all they want, it certainly isn&#39;t as one sided as many in this thread have made it out to be. Sure APCs are for rapid transport of troops, but that doesn&#39;t mean that the troops should be able to immediately jump out and sprint ahead some more.

As for the LRC, ya the grenade launchers were basically broken as a result of the rule changes, but that&#39;s not the first time that GW&#39;s rules have conflicted.

Anyway, I don&#39;t really know if the trial vehicle rules are in use at the moment, as I&#39;m just getting back into 40k and trying to find a place to play.

I like them more than the old ones, but perhaps I&#39;m alone in that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast