Fixing The Sisters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

With the new Witch Hunter Codex coming out with loads of SOB goodies, I thought I’d be a woman and have a rant ;-) …nha, me? Woman? BWHAHAHA 8burts out in historical laughter. But anyway (*calmness and seriousness sweeps over) I thought I’d add my ideas on how the sob could be fixed before they go ahead and
    a) destroy it all over again
    totally confuse all the sob players…namely me
    c) Save the sisters………..*tumbleweed blows across the screen
    d) Just have not much effect at all
    But here’s what I think anyway wether you care as much about those little sisters as your blue belly button fluff that starting to smell distinctly of a grox’s arse, or whether you actually are generally interested, here it is anyway:

(Inspired by the works of Tim Peers, a well known participant on the SOB mailing list)

The Problems…so far:

The ‘Hey who’s over there’ problem
    That nagging issue that the sob are out-ranged by every fraggin single race in 40k. Even those damn bugs can shoot further and more effectively than us.

The ‘Move damn you! Move!’ problem
    The sisters just don’t have the spped to get their short-ranged into position. Espeacially in CA it stated that are no rhino choice for our standard battle sisters, which really *****ed on my bonfire when the old sob codex said otherwise ( I think I should also note that CA was so crap that it did not even detail in the character profile that you could exchange the wepons with those in the ministorum armoury with the vet. Sis. Superior, where I was only then noted by Bornindarkness later…even though I continued to do otherwise beforehand). Okay, okay, so Immolators and Rhinos are standard speed APCs, and Seraphim squads are equipped with few weapons which can take out tough targets- only melta-bombs can do it, but this will leave the Seraphim so exposed as to sign their death warrant (after all, there's no reason for the tank to stay off open ground). Coupled with the short range of their weapons, this makes it very hard for the Sisters to take out hard targets.

The ‘weak, frail and womanistic’ problem
    Excuse my sexism but generally speaking since I do happen to have the genitalia of a female I should be able to bash my own gender! The sob are the least skillfull troops in 40k. In their entire army list a grand total of one unit gets a ws and bs of 4…AND THAT’S OUR HQ! If we truly are supposed to be guardsmen in armour then how come they have better access to better elites and as skilful commanders? If I finnaly am able to get a multi-melta into position to fire, it takes bid’s ballz to trust a standard battle sister to kill that apc with a bs of 3.

My solutions, stupid yes, but lets see Gav Thrope F*** this up:

1)The 'Space Marines in Lipstick' solution
    One approach is simply to use the Sisters of Battle models as Space Marines. Even without converting troops into types for which the Sisters have no equivalent, like Bikers, the extra heavy weapons and vehicles make up for the problems nicely. Of course, this is only an option if the only reason you play Sisters of Battle is the figures.

2)Jigger with the list a bit
    I’ve seen a load of sob list jiggering going on from biker sisters, sisters with cavalry, even an sob dredknought…unfortunately you would not be able to use them in an official tournament, but as long as you show the rules to your oppenant and ask him/her first it should be allowed for any standard back kitchen game.
    Upgraded BS.
    Certain Sisters really, really need their BS of 4. This increases the cost for all choices by 2pts. I know the new 40k is supposed to level out stats a bit, but considering the multitude of special rules for most other races this hardly seems extreme or overcomplicated. Harsh and greedy maybe, but I see it as fair.

At the moment now I have not been able to finnish but I need to go so I’ll just send this to you now and to it later. What do you think so far?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

All good points. The thing I find most puzzling is that they can't use APC's for their troops. The rhino is the most common vehicle in the entire imperium, yet the SoB can only mount a few squads in them? Bullcrap, this is just some overbalancing on GW's part (look, they have 2 flamers. Might be too powerful if they can use those on turn one... let's not give em rhinos.), which unbalances them instead.
    BS4 I think would be good, they're supposed to be better trained than guardsmen, and the power armour should help a bit in keeping those bolters steady as well.
    And finally: a good close combat thingy perhaps? Though it looks like they'll be getting that in the witch hunters ccodex (unless the penance machine thingy is totally different from what I expect).
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i like your suggestions. but if anyone can ***** it up it will be gav thorpe so don&#39;t wory bout it. it&#39;s screwed already

yeah from what i&#39;ve seen and heard of teh penactence engine it&#39;s menat for up close .

BS4&#33; that would make it all worth while.

I&#39;m relativly new to collecting SoB. i was inspired by the up coming witch hunters codex and decided i would like to us my Deamon hunters and witch hunters armies to gether 9if it&#39;s possible) or at least use teh SoB models in it as allies to bulk out my GK army a bit.

but the point on normal sisters not being able to take rhinos. yeah that is a severe kick in the ass. (although that migth get them in closer quicker) but it also seems to have cropped up as a problem for the GK normal trops. althought they tend to survie longer than sisters.

but i like your ideas.

only thing i can think of adding to your suggestions is artillary that is a little more powerful and reliable than the exorcist...possibly a incindery artillary weapon. that would even keep in theme with SoB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d have to agree too. Something with some long range would be nice, but i&#39;d really love to have a little more to give some speed&#33; My main opponent plays a very long range shooty army, and getting to his Heavy Weapons guys would be great, but I can never get over to them fast enough (He tends to shoot all my poor Seraphim ASAP )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with affing in some reasonable artillery, (guardsmen soon to become guard/SOB player) but what about making the immolator worthwhile.

Quite frankly it looks like the old hellhound, (bad armour has to get up reel close to hurt) why not give it that 24" then template rule, (mmmmm, hellhound transport )

Yeah, letting sisters ride in rhinos would be good, and actually adding in a few more choices, (i mean there is like 1 option in most things, like elites and fast, and the celestians are just regular models&#33; why not add in something a bit like termies, or something even cooler to make the list have more variaty) I also agree they should have bs4, i mean, they would have had more training then a guardsmen&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not make the whole army worth while? the hellhound is a good example of a crappy tank that was later made awsome by a revision. There is no reasy why the sisters should be so bad. Even if their entire purpous is to be the strongest army to fight withith 24" and not go into assault, they should have SOMETHING for a ranged battle. The dark eldar, the Tyranids, and the Orks are all focused on assault, but all three of those armies have longer range fire power, with blast templates and ap and str&#33; Saying that the purpous of the sisters is close fire isn&#39;t an excuse for the lack of guns. It is one of the richest most powerfull organizations inside the galactic imperium.

Closed Thread