Any Advice For A Small 500 Pt Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is only a small army, 500 points. I've been giving it a lot of thought lately as making a 500 point army for an army as elite as the daemonhunters is really hard. Frankly, my budget is limited which is why its only going to be 500 points..just for afternoon battles with friends. The following are two lists which i came up with. I'd be grateful for any advice.

HQ
    Grey Knight Hero Grey Knight Brother Captain Terminator with hammerhand
    Deep Strike

Elite
    1 Callidus Assassin
    Polymorphine

Fast Attack
    1 Grey Knight Justicar
    4 Grey Knights
    Deep Strike

Troop choice 1
    4 Stormtroopers
    2 Stormtroopers with melta guns
    Move up whilst the rest of the army distracts the enemy

Troop choice 2
    4 Stormtroopers
    2 Stormtroopers with melta guns
    Move up whilst the rest of the army distracts the enemy

HQ
    Grey Knight Hero Brother Captain Terminator with Hammerhand

Heavy Support
    1 Dreadnought with a Lascannon and a Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
    1 Grey Knight Justicar
    2 Grey Knights with Psycannons

Troop choice 1
    6 Stormtroopers

Troop choice 2
    5 Stormtroopers
    1 Stormtrooper with a melta gun

Alternatively, add Lance Strike and take out 1 Stormtrooper from troop choice 1 and the Stormtrooper with the melta gun in troop choice two and take the psycannon off one of the Grey Knights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lance strike wouldnt really be needed in 500 pt, 70 pts is alot

also, in your second army

if you are going to choose two psycannons as heavy support, its a waste, as psycannons cost MORE for a Purgation squad than they do for a tactical (i dunno what u call Gk basic marine squads)... which can also have two psycannons for cheaper

if u prefer the first army, then take out the assassin, and give the storm troopers Rhinos and teleport homer... rhino rush up, teleport GK's and GK-HQ and suddenly you have your whole force one move away from assaulting his army, which is where GK excel

also what armies do u think u will be fighting? anything armoured keep the psycannons, anything else maybe think about switching to incinerators, as you will be up close anyway..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, ur suggestion for first army sounds pretty gud. Theoretically then the army will be quite fast! So give the two troops rhinos , upgrade one to vet to give him homer...the whole army should be CC the enemy in no time..lol..one prob..my friend plays tyranids, and i heard they are really really good at CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, as long as you dont end up getting charged, you should be ok. the only frightful things about the Nid is that they get an insane amount of attacks on the charge. your gk's should be able to dish it out hardcore if you charge. your stormies should eve go averagly against the little bugs when you charge. just try not to charge the big bugs hehe...

although, charging them is easier said than done, especially when they can move 9" charge 9"... maybe you should try this... move your GK's close (shooting range), then when they get within 9" charge range, actually move the full 6" backwards (or into cover so u strike first) so you can shoot them more - this way you should be able to wipe them out

i dunno, just throwing a few ideas in the air, a few other people might reply with other basic strategies for you to think about as well.

good luck either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fast army i reckn will do well against other shooty armies..except having two rhinos with two squads in their seems a bit risky when their armour is all that good.

Maybe more can be discussed about the shooty army then?
    It prolly takes a lot of skills+luck to not get charged by nids. they can do it from 18" away (9" move 9" shoot)..maybe with the heavy shooty army, i can take out the purgation team, put 61pts Bro capt HQ with hammerhand, +10 pts, dready with lascannon and missile, Grey knights squad of 5, two with psycannons, 6 man stormy squad, two with melta guns, and an Inquisitor with scourging...Any comments?..anyone else want to add to this thread..its just slickis so far..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly, your first list is illegal as u need an inquisitor to have a assassin (of any kind as it says in the codex next to the entry's) (common mistake as is forgetting that u need GK hero for dreads and LR)

secondly, i think the rhino charge / deep strike move is quite usefull

i would tak the stormtroopers with a chimera (2 heavy flamers ) and teleport homer, plus a power sword if ya going fully CC. flamers for squad to flame tyranids or melta guns for IG or any tank heavy army. one squad could advance with dread and that way if your first facing anti-tank army u won't all die horribly and u will get two back-up squad where u need them (for counter-charge or holding up enemy flanks)

dread with las cannon + CCW with incinerator would be useful to back up your charge and can also take out any annoying tanks if need be before CC

i would remove hammerhand from the BC and give him melta bombs (cheaper and better for tanks)

GK fast atack squad should have at least one incinerator (2 if up against low armour / swarm armies, so i would take 2 for tyranids) this means they can come in at the right place and 'fry u some bug's'

lance strike only if u don't have the models or if u are facing a stand and shoot army (IG, Tau, etc.) not that useful for tyranids i would think

hope this helps and u purge those bug's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k thanks guys..

I think I'll go like this now

Bro capt with melta bombs with homer

Justicar
    3 normal GKs
    1 GK with incinerator
    Deep Strike afta Bro capt places homer down

Chim with heavy bolter on hull and multilaser on top, bro capt on it with homer, 6 normal stormies

Rhino with 5 normal stormies and 1 with meltas

501 pts. Extra one point my friend wont mind.

Any more comments and adjustments guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat do u mean by " bro capt on it with homer"????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother Captain with a Homing device.

Closed Thread