Need help between Puritan and Radical - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help between Puritan and Radical

ok so i know this has been discussed alot over the past and i dont mean to make a new discussion about it im just having trouble deciding cause i am thinkingg of making an army based on inquisitors but i think that the grey knights ultimate uber nobleness of supreme light thing is kinda cheesy and looking at deamonhosts id say they pwn the crap out of everything in CC as much if not better than GK termies. so i need to know what you think about my general army choices. Basically im thinking inquis lord with a few henchmen possibly 5 or 6, for elites a callidus assassin and deamonhosts(of course) prob 3 seperate and a regular inquis maybe some henchmen bu t i dont know, for troops id go with inquisitorial stormtroopers prob load up a couple of squads in a Chimera or Rhino and then just feild the other 1s kinda like way less effective fire warriors so my demonhosts and inquis can get mean and go to combat, then for fast attack id take a sentinal squad or bike squad and heavy support would go for orbital strike and POSSIBLY land raider. watcha think, ive got no experience with GK at all and i need to know if this is worth anething.

P.S i will probably post an army list soon if u guys think this general idea is fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Konoha's Morning Mist and the true
    Sharingan sucessor
    Itachi, we love you always
    Official Shodaime Hokage of the CON 2 Boards

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

If you like the idea of a radical army then use an inquisitor lord and retinue, either for fire support or cc support, but I tend to go for the latter. For elites, 3 daemonhosts, death cult assasins (for fluff reasons, as the officio assasins hardly if ever do work for a radical inquisitor), and an inquisitor with a retinue for fire support. For your core, go 2 - 3 inquisitorial storm trooper squads. This will give you roughly 1000 points, and to expand to 1500, i'd suggest using inducted imperial guard (again for fluff reasons, guardsmen are easy to corrupt were space marines are harder) for fire support and extra numbers. Cheers,
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While a radical army can get some *really* cool and fluffy units, I just don't see much power to them when compared to puritan. Sad, too. Such a cool, fluffy army. All of those have the lame units. Like Dark Eldar, for example.

I'd never play Radical. Never actually heard of a radical army having much success, even.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-
    While a radical army can get some *really* cool and fluffy units, I just don't see much power to them when compared to puritan. Sad, too. Such a cool, fluffy army. All of those have the lame units. Like Dark Eldar, for example.

I'd never play Radical. Never actually heard of a radical army having much success, even.
    What, you've never heard of a radical army having success? That just doesn't seem right. A good radical list can be more competitive then a GK list. The reason being the unpredictability of there units, the diversity of selections, and of course the adequate fire support of inducted guard. I've seen many good radical lists win plenty of games and tournaments, plus they have plenty of fluff behind them and they're realy characterful.
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher u do have a point with the comparison of Puritan Radical superiority but i like the fluff of Rads and just look at the Deamonhosts coem on, just a little peak, there ya go we r talking about a potential 6 s 9 attacks, id like to see anything stand up to that. and i know that officio assassins rarely work for(so called) heretics but i just really wanna callidus so bad that im prepared to bend fluff a little even though fluff is 1 of my fav parts of WH40k. and dark eldar do rule in the hands of a mildly experienced player, ever heard of Wyches?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Sharingan sucessor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Well, if you want an assasin that badly, perhaps your inquisitor has been able to bend the assasins mind to do his bidding for him. ****ty excuse I know, but it's pretty hard to justify them. Still, why don't you go the army list section and post a list to make it easier to critique whatever units you wish to use. Good luck with it,
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ill do just that thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Itachi Uchiha
    Sharingan sucessor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonhosts look good on paper, but honestly they are about as useful as Orbital Strikes. They worry your opponent and can do well if you roll well, but otherwise they just kind of putter around before dying. I have tried them numerous times. Once, with some luck rolls, I had two Daemonhosts tie up a daemon prince for 3 turns in CC. They didn't kill him (I dont even recall if they did any wounds), but saved the rest of my army from his CC monster. Another time against orcs a daemonhost died quickly in the first round against a mob that it charged. Just a few examples, I. Sure the S6 is nice ... but the two worst things are that it only has a T4 so is easily instakilled by lots of stuff (regardless of inv save, you'll fail half), plus the fact that its attacks dont count as power weapons.

Overall GKT are more reliable and useful than daemonhosts. Daemonhosts can be fun to run, but don't expect them to do much of anything useful.

+ Reply to Thread