3 Simple Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is just a simple question that i would like clarified. In the codex it says that the stormies can be upgraded to vets at 10+ points..now when they get upgraded, are they still stuck with the hellgun+targeter and frags, or do they exchange them (at no extra cost) for the weapons that u see them having on the models that GW sells as vets? i.e. with plasma gun, auspex and that gun hanging onto the front of his belt..so do u need to pay the extra points for the plasma guns and stuff?

Another thing..with the inquisitorial henchmen, some models don't show any weapons but the codex says assume they have laspistols and CC weapon. Doesn't that break the 'what you see is what you get rule'?

The final question isn't really much of a question..maybe it'll even sound dumb but here goes..how come they don't make Grey Knights terminators with Thunderhammers and storm shield? I personally don't feel the need to get some GK terminators with the hammer and shield but it just puzzles me. it says quite specifically GK terminators could have the Nemesis Force Weapon and Storm Bolter or Thunderhammer and Storm shield. putting the ordinary marine terminator thungerhammer and storm shield arms on GK terminators don't seem to look right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there=) . Im new to this army as well, but Ill help when I can =) .

You may only take 1 Vet for each Stormtroop, but that Vet can choose any equipment allowed by the Daemonhunters Armoury. Even an Artificer Armour..

Yes, they have CC weapons and lasguns even if the model does not sport them. You can get other models or convert if you feel stronly about the WYSIWYG thing =) .

I assume the models for hammers and shields will come along sometime, but the army is still sort of new, as I gather. Just convert if you need to.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your army man =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh, they are pretty new to the game, just like me.. just came out early in the year, so i guess they still have a few more models to add.
    So when u buy the vet model with plasma gun and auspex, do you automatically choose them and have to pay more for those weapons? or do you just get those different weapons for free, and just pay the 20pts for the veteran?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the WYSIWYG rule is sort of just a vague boundary, mainly in place to stop bullsh1t happening like, a newb with a standard chaplain model saying hes got a Powerfist and crap like that. you dont automatically get any wargear for free unless the codex says it, regardless of what the model looks like.. you have to pay the points for the auspex (its like 2pts anyway) and the plasma pistol. if you dont want these wargear items then convert it, or use a different model, simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think a Terminator with a daemonhammer would be cool...
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not think that you could give GK termies thunderhammers and storm shield. I have never seen any provision in the codex for Gk hammer men.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the section on pg 25 about the GK Terminators. Under Weapons for them...

Closed Thread