i need a question answered? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need a question answered?

im using "grey knights" in my army when i say grey knights i mean an inquistial force which are based upon grey knights but i was wondering if i have a space marine army and i take grey knights does that then mean i have to use the force organisaion chart or can i stick to the space marine chart and just use grey knight units as allies?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the codex, it says you can take grey knight allies in a space marine force but NOT space marines in a grey knight force.
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Like cadre_of_storms said, use the rules on page 21(IIRC) of the DH codex. You cannot have a base-DH army that includes Grey Knights WITH Space Marine allies, but you CAN have a base-SM army with DH allies (which may or may not include GK).

If you use the base-SM force, you're limited on WHICH DH units you can use, and HOW MANY you can ally in. The same page with all the rules about allies in the DH codex also has a grey box on the bottom right that details what you can use when DH are allied into an existing army. For example, you can't ally ANY DH Heavy Support options into another army, and you can only ever have ONE Daemonhunters HQ allied into another army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so basically i can have say a vindicator but not allied with an orbital lance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

If your army is a Space Marine army, with allied DH, then yes you can have a Vindicator, and no you can't have Orbital Strike.

+ Reply to Thread