The Sisters Need You! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Reasons on why to collect them?

Yes if you’ve noticed I’ve swung back again towards my sisters. My Night Lords will just have to wait for their first ever true taste of glory, my nids are still catching a thick layer of dust...and my guradsmen, well there will always be a special place for them. But recently I’ve noticed a small upsurge of interest in the good old nuns with guns, whether it’s because of this anticipated release of witch hunters or just because we’ve caught a few noobies with the interest i particularly don’t care, but it’s inspired me back into sob gameplay. And with that noticing that 59% of the sob information up here details whats wrong with them (89.9% of which has been written by myself) I’ve decided to say what’s good about them and reasons on why you should collect them! Yes beieve it or not they do have good points.

Naturally born for Cityfight
    The sisters are brilliant at cityfight! Well my sisters are anyway ! They have the right ability of numbers vs. armour, can take on close quarter assaults and can still hold the initiative of holding an uprising. Alll that flame weponry comes particularly useful within it and most of their weaknesses are sheltered. I in fact have my own army list especially designed for cityfight. Its one of the battle scenarios that the sisters truly hold the iniyiative within.

The In-between
    Where the space Marines and Guardsmen lack, the sisters have (but also what the sisters lack the Space Marines and Guardsmen have, so I’m not sure how that works out). If you want a balance between the Sm and the IG, then the sisters equal that. They are good in number with decently priced points with their sturdy armour. Good thing it’s not the other way round, having the model numbers of the space marines and the armour of the guardsmen.... hmmm for some reason the squats come back to memory, anyone remember them?

Unique
    Sure they’re more of an underdog now than the necrons in 40K or the bretionians or tomb king’s in fantasy (with all might I remind you has only now or is about to have a codex) but who cares anyway, if you want something different then thats exactly what the sob are, trust me many oponents don’t know the average bs of a sister, a few have never seen a cannoness, so you have the element to surprise that swety spotty kid thats bugging you. They are a very different army in ever formt compared to others both in fluff and sort of in structure.

Challenging
    Well they are!

Improvising
    Both in fluff and model wise the sisters have plenty of room to improvise. Making new troop types, fill the hole’s of fluff with your own ideas, it’s easy enougth if you’re generally creative.

Converting Mania
    Enjoy making new models out of spares from your bits box? Well as with improvising there’s plent of room for it!

A relation for all the female gammer’s
    Okay most of them are female, and with the rumors of witch hunters it’s all gonna go more deeply into the female aspect. It is about one of the only armies other than Eldar that female players tend to be interested in, yes I’ve heard of Chaos and IG female gammer’s (although never an Ork female gammer) but it is an army that the girls can have some relation towards themselves. This was actually a big put off for me, in fact as an old IG player I used to laugh at the fact of all female army with certain jokes about pms and where they get their make up from and all that. I never thought I’d end up as a devoted sob player. But the main reason I got into sob is as stated in the next point...

A tactician’s dream
    If like me your big into tactic’s and strategies and have read ‘THE ART OF WAR’ by Sun Tzu with extracts by Ts’ao Kung at least twice to a hundred times, and like to ***** your opponent off by taking ages to actually move one unit, then the sob are a your dream army because if anything it’s tactics that save your arse and a whole load of lucky dice rolls. That’s just how the sisters work, they are not actually a bad army, it’s the person who plays them that decides their fate. You can’t chuck the sisters headlong into battle and just ‘play it out’ that’s not the way they win, and I doubt very much it’s what they were made for (their not space marines you know ;-) ). This is one of the reasons why people do not recommend the sisters to first time players, yes they are a hard army and yes it’s all 50/50 but if you know how to handle them it’s a whole lot of fun to wipe that smirk off your oponents face when you crush their dreadnought with a mere sod troop squad with preacher (yes it can happen, it happened to me&#33.

The future’s bright
    Well at least the future’s not pink! With the witch hunters codex and the expected relises of a whole load of new models both from GW and Forge World it is bright.

Open to options
    Does the Sister’s of Darkness ring a bell?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i know you are trying to convince people to get sob and i agree that they are alright (as long as they dont break a nail) but why would you want to get an army which will be rereleased and then you have to get the models all over again.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as they dont break a nail
    Lame. And all of the old models will still be plenty usable for the new codex, by the way.

I play Sisters of Battle for a variety of reasons. They are a unique army- no army really functions in any way close to how a SoB army runs. No one in the area plays them, so every time I take them somewhere, I get asked about them, and a lot of people haven't really seen one in action, so they wont know how to take it on, or what to expect.

Gotta love them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that, with the rules they have now, the SoB are a bit lacking of something. I love the figures, though. But their army is kind of weak. Yes, you can say that you might use a good level of tactics to win over any other opponent, but the sister statistics with the point cost they have, makes them worse than other opponents.

See this: a sister costs 10 points and they have, more or less, the same stats as an Imperial Guardsmen, who costs roughly 6 points. Only thing is armour, but I do not think the saving throw will cost 4 extra points! Even, the SoB do not have the army structure flexibility that other armies enjoy.

On the other hand, I am eager to see the new codex because weak or not, I feel the need to collect these gurrls! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reason why sisters are 10 and a guardsman is 6 is that the sisters have (you said it) armour of 3+ AND faith points. ^_^ An other reason is that sisters have style and guard hasnt. It is just shooting and shooting and shooting <_< that is not cool :blink:

give me one GOOD thing about guard besides the heavy weapons and guns and tanks. <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Massive numbers? Other then that, what reason do you really need? What do Tau have other then guns and guns, and railguns, and more guns?

Or how about variety? There are a lot of varied IG armies- Cadians, Steel Legion, also several in Chapter Approved, like the Ork Hunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE THE SISTERS&#33;&#33; Playing them is going to be so fun&#33; It&#39;s going to be a tactical leap, as I&#39;m coming from Necrons (tactical level: 0) but I&#39;m a brilliant military strategist&#33; (and humble, too&#33 I envision Party Sisters, or Sisters of Party: Red and white striped, or hot pink and neon green. Clubbing colors&#33; Maybe one of those Cat in the Hat hats for a canoness, and of course cool shades. And no army is complete without a brightly painted and bumper-stickered Immolater packing massive converted amps.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being the idiot that i am firstly i have to gover my brother Guardsmen....they kick butt....the average guardsmen sucks....but 15-20,000 of them may make a dent....but getting back onto topic, the sisters are cool, if only female space marines without the tabks and termies, and they would brat my IG army....considering i wouldent fight them.....there women and man cant fight women....bloody ungentelmanly.....(perfectly Bretonian aint i?)
    The Guardsmen Legions, we fight for the freedom&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its probably too late for me to suggest changes but they need to:

1. make the sobs more hot (preferrably in the face area-ism)
    2. make them very different from marines (tactics, army-wise)
    3. add more bells and whistles (too bland compared to the newer armies like chaos and DH)

i&#39;m 78% sure that everyone will buy the new sobs when the codex comes out. i think the only reason Games workshop is working on them is because Daemonhunters did so well. thats why they are probably going to be similar.

that and all the sisters are going to be metal and Games Workshop only cares about money.

Darn you Gamesworkshop, you got me hooked&#33;&#33; (shaking my fist at the monitor)
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by HighMarshall Lucian@Oct 16 2003, 05:34
    the reason why sisters are 10 and a guardsman is 6 is that the sisters have (you said it) armour of 3+ AND faith points. ^_^ An other reason is that sisters have style and guard hasnt. It is just shooting and shooting and shooting <_< that is not cool :blink:
    And another reason they&#39;re 10 points is that they have a bolter, not a flashlight.

Closed Thread