finnished army... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

finnished army...

I know I am just starting out my Iron Hands SM chapter, but I like to have a sort of plan of what I am getting. I'll list what I already have first, then everything I plan on getting later...

Techmarine HQ

40 Tactical marines (4 squads of 10, 1 heavy bolter and 1 plasma gun each)

8 devistators (4 missles)

Now what I plan on getting, sorta in the order I plan on getting it....

10 assault mainres (doing a little conversion to make them able to change back packs, as I like the idea of foot slogging assault marines. 2 plasma pistols, p fist serg)

Iron Father model, used as Chaplain

Venerable Dreadnought (heavy flamer, assault cannon)

3 Land Speeder Tornados (heavy bolter assault cannon)

Preadator annihilator (las sponsons)

5 termies (2 assault cannons. I don't know how many I want here...)

And this is a list of the things I'm really not sure about, in order of most wanted

5 more termies

Whirlwind

8-10 man sniper scouts sqaud ( 4-5 snipers, 1 missle, bolter meat sheilds)

So, will this make a good all around list? Any help on the compostition of the list over all, and what there is most usefull would be helpful. Note that everything but the second termie box, the whirlwind, and the scouts, I have made up my mind on, and it would be very hard to pusuade me to remove them, but feel free to suggest more units.
    I know I'm getting, and it would be very hard to convince me not to get it.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. What I see here is someone who possibly wants everything in the Codex, which is rarely a good idea. Perhaps instead of adding the whirlwind and scouts, you should add more units the same as the others, such as more terminators or another dreadnought. This will give you a more focused force.
    ----------
    Games:

World Eaters of Frenesia W6 D3 L9
    Divine Exorcists 2nd Company W0 D0 L2
    Inquisitor Lord Mercurius & co. W0 D0 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by General_Xue
    Hmm. What I see here is someone who possibly wants everything in the Codex, which is rarely a good idea. Perhaps instead of adding the whirlwind and scouts, you should add more units the same as the others, such as more terminators or another dreadnought. This will give you a more focused force.
    Oh, my bad, I forgot to add the second Dreadnought to that list.....yea, 1 dread w/ lasconnon and missles (note that both dreads can and will have interchangable weapons) Also, like I said, there's a big ? above the scouts, which I'm not too found of, they would just be there for things like chaos,where i need the sniping power. And the whilrwind, my friend sugested it, and while I do like it, I don't see as much use for it (and I usually have my 2nd dread in heavy support, so no room for it. I put my dread there to make use of early deployment, and cause I can with my trait, though I could see it being usefull in elite too...). But to the termies, yes the second box is probably gonna happen, mainly because i need that 2nd assault cannon!

Idea: I could bitz order whirlwind sprue, and interchange with my preadator, or a pontential rhino for the assault squad w/o jp and hq. or get the whirl wind, and make it a possible rhino too, heh...

-Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't look so bad but I must say you might want to do without the scouts. They're rather average although infiltration can be a blessing. Don't bother with 10 termies for the simple reason that the points are already huge. Rather than getting another box, just get a metal termie with Assault Cannon. If you really want more termies then I'd recommend assault termies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

231 (x4)

What about assault marines w/o jump packs? how would that fair? I like it mostly because of the cost of jp's is too much. I'd rather have 60 troops, with 10 of them moving slow into cc than 50 with 10 fast ones.... But I do realize that w/o a apc they wouldn't do too well against some armies...

And is there any way to get a chaplain and assault marines w/o jp to be mounted in a rhino? on the interactive army list program I can't find a way, and I'm not sure if it lets you in the codex.
    Last edited by ShadowZora13; April 11th, 2005 at 01:15.

-Inquisitor Hoth

+ Reply to Thread