Cadian HW teams - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cadian HW teams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadian HW teams

i have a quick question concerning removing models in an anti-tank support squad. Recently while playing against my friend's necron force, my anti-tank support-squad came under the fire of a team of destroyers. The resulting storm of guass-blasts managed to inflict three wounds. I opted to count the three ammo-taoters to be the casualties. However, i was at the time employing the cadian HW teams on the large base. The rules state that whole models must be removed when possible. Does this only apply to mulit-wound individuals, or to the 2 man HW team models as well? I find it more likely to believe that my choice of removing the 3 ammo-guardsmen was legal, otherwise players would be penalized for using the new models as opposed to the older guard models. Any feedback would be appreciated, as i am unsure of my logic. Thanks.

Last edited by Ramble On; April 10th, 2005 at 07:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were right. The IG FAQ on Games Workshop's website is pretty specific that the larger bases are used ONLY for ease of movement, rather than actually effecting game play/rules application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they arent multi-wound models but I used a die to keep track if one of the guardsmen on the base is dead.

More recently, Ive been modelling the "ammo" guardsmen as a removeable model that fits onto the big base.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I'm new to 40k and IG, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that a HW can only fire if both the gunner and ammo guy are alive. The fluff around this would be that you need the 2nd guy to load the gun and help carry it (and the ammo).

So if the above is correct, then why wouldn't you just replace the large base with a single guardsmen (if you have one available ... which you usually do based on how easy that get hit). There's no point in keeping the HW around (in play) if it can't fire.

Duff.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by DuffX
    So if the above is correct, then why wouldn't you just replace the large base with a single guardsmenf.
    Yes, why don't you? Several players convert their HW teams to use smaller bases - in fact Steel Legion Missile Launchers come on small bases. The Basing rule do not apply to Guard HW teams since its written in the IG faq on GW's website that its only on a large base for convenience.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    Yes, why don't you? Several players convert their HW teams to use smaller bases.
    Actually, I think you missed my point but I do agree with your point regarding the large bases.

But I was trying to point out that when a HW squad takes casualties, then why wouldn't you just replace the HW base with a normal guardsmen figure since the HW is useless anyways without the ammo guy (if there's an odd number of casualties)? By replacing the model, the current situation is much clearer than placing a die beside the HW figure.

Duff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because a heavy weapon can still operate and fire normally without the "ammo guy"

He's just a casualty in waiting.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm ... I think I remember an argument about this situation on the forums before.

So if the ammo guy is not required to fire the HW, then by that thought, for each HW crew, I would get a HW shot and a lasgun shot from the ammo guy.

I've been playing that you only get the HW shot.

I haven't read anything offical that clarifies this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be able to have lasgun shots too - considering you pay the full points cost for the guardsmen - and the codex states:
    Number/Squad - Six Guardsmen forming 3 heavy weapons crews.
    Weapons - Lasguns. Each HW crew must be equipped with yada yada yada.
    Traceur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really a straight forward issue. I reccomend the following: if anybody asks about this, tell them what we've said here. If they give you any guff, then grab a sharpie pen, scrawl the words "Rules Lawyer" accross thier forehead, and find somebody new to play with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast