SM dreadnoughts question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SM dreadnoughts question

two questions

is it legal to :

1. use the Forge World MK IV Venerable Dreadnought model and 2 CCW arms to represent a blood angel furioso dreadnought with extra armour upgrade

2. use the Forge World MK IV Dreadnought model and appropriate weapons to represent a regular dreadnought with twin linked lascannons and missile launcher and extra armour upgrade

or am i going to get attacked by anally retentive crazys saying that they arent legal cause they dont look like the dreads available from GW?

thanks

Dee

Remember life could be worse you could chained to a wall and spanked by a female power lifter called "Trevor"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it is perfectly fine and even adds flavour and character to your army. Don't play someone who won't let you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the idiot is right you can use them

infat you should and people who arn't willing to play are a wast of you time and are pathetic ass munters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea. If they insist on not letting you ask a staff member (if you're in a hobby centre) or someone to clarify it, if they still refuse to let you then don't play them and I'm sure they'll get their come-upance soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Nothing is around that says you can't, however in certain tournaments/ rogue traders I have come across rules stating no forge world pieces are allowed to be used. This is usually restricting the use of the super tanks, however in a few settings they have not allowed any forge world.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When a tourney says "No Forgeworld" they mean no Forgeworld varients or rules from Forgeworld publications. Using any model or pieces of Forgeworld models to represent codex rules models is always completely legal. So if it's is your codex, you're good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I see it you must face a arse load of very immature players. Of course its leagle in both cases. After all there is nothing stating you cant use other Company's minitures to play. Additionally I belive that FW is an affiliated company or a off shoot of GW, but that's just an opinion of mine. Play on brother and may the bolter rounds fall where they may.
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Stephen
    After all there is nothing stating you cant use other Company's minitures to play..
    Well, no, but man does GW hate it if you do that. You'll never be able to play in a store if you show up with a non-GW model.

Personally I reckon you should be allowed to play with whatever the hell you want as long as it conforms to WYSIWYG. But that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phhh!

ya of course itslegal to use forge world models in your army, forgeworld makes special models for the GW range. so everything that you can get from froge world is perfectly legal to use. if your friends say otherwise, their just jelous. :lol:
    -{ ItS nOt ThE eNd ThAt I fEaR wItH eAcH bReAtH }-
    ------{ ItS lIfE tHaT sCaReS mE tO dEaTh }------

---==={\}[ Sp3cToR ]{/}===---
    UNS33n...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005 Grand Tournament rules on using what miniatures:

• All models must be Citadel, Marauder, Fanatic, or Forge World models. Forge World models may only be used to represent entries from Codexes or Army books. Vehicles from the Imperial Armour book are not permitted.
    Since you'll be using a forgeworld model to represent a codex model, you're totally good to go. But unlike someone else said about using other company's miniatures to play, in official GW tournaments, you'll probably have to follow the above rule (meaning no models from Reaper, Conflict, etc).
    Sithlet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast