New info on Droppods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New info on Droppods

At L.A. Gamesday I asked the head Forgeworld sculptor about the space marine drop pods and what was the deal with the deathwind launcher, since the deathwind launcher takes up the entire pod and if you "uprgade" dp to have dw launcher, there is no way (if you buy the forgeworld deathwind launcher model) to carry troops.

He said that GW is working on their own drop pods and that their deathwind launcher drop pod is NOT what a drop pod with a deathwind launcher will look like. He said that you can upgrade the FW drop pods to have a DW launcher and for now to just convert a deathwind launcher on a normal forge world drop pod.

Why would anyone want to use anything else? If you run five drop pods and "upgrade" them to include a dw launcher you have five pie plates that can ravage just about everthing that does not have 3+ armor saves. :eek:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

I'd say the main reason is that those pie plates are not ordnance. Rather they're blast weapons fired with a Machine Spirit's remarkable ballistics skill of 2. Thus, if you double the point cost of three drop pods to give them Deathwind Launchers, you can expect to hit with a grand total of one. Neat, but not anything to write home about, espeically at a total of 180 points. (I might be remembering the deathwind launcher's cost incorrectly, but basically, at BS:2, any weapon upgrade is very very hardpressed to be worth its point cost.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im more interested in the fact that GW is going to come out with there own drop pods? This is the first i've heard of this especially since a couple red shirts told me that GW had no plans to.
    Last edited by 311; April 16th, 2005 at 18:11.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first that i've heard this, as i've not heard anything form my local GW.
    Wonder how much they wil cost, if/when there released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop pods

GW would be stupid to not make their own Drop pods, as they could still sell them for $50 a pop and make a killing. ForgeWorld sold out of their allocation of 15 Drop Pods instantly on Games Day. This does not include the "reserves" made by those who bought their Drop pods a few weeks before the show.

I don't know why it seems everywhere I read people are saying how easy it is to defeat a drop pod army. I have seen six drop pods (real ones from FW) rain death on five different armies so far. At 30 points, how can you go wrong? :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how much the drop pods are on forge world or how much the revamped ones will be?
    ...upon your defeat you retreat to the morgue, for maybe you will find a better life amongst the dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look on the site of forge world

www.forgeworld.uk.co
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to think of it, the other day I was at Games Workshop and was talking to the store manager and happened to ask how to model a drop pod; he told me there are Forge World models that aren't too bad, but that Citadel is coming out with a line of them as well. I forget if he said anything else about them...

--Ditchdigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Forgeworld:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk

You had the .co and .uk flipped.
    Sithlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead_raider
    look on the site of forge world

www.forgeworld.uk.co
    ....thanks.
    ...upon your defeat you retreat to the morgue, for maybe you will find a better life amongst the dead...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast