Vet Squad Sergeant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Vet Squad Sergeant now with pics!

Hey there,

I am putting together a custom veterans squad - (short of cash for the kasrkins and have the parts to make my own vet squad) -and am wondering what would be good to add to my veteran sergeant.

I am planning on having a trademark item at least. It would give my character some flavor and would be cool to mod. Any ideas? What do you have for your segeants? A power claw would look cool - ala yarrick, but i don't plan on tons of cc with this squad.

What woud yall do?

Thanks,
    Aaron

PS for pics of my current four guys in the squad you can go here.
    www.misteralbert.com/vet

Last edited by CaptainA; April 21st, 2005 at 16:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you get your hands on a Colonel Schaffer head? Or a gunner head with sunglasses?

Sun glasses or a cigar would make cool trademark items in my opinion, but it could be anything, a pistol, an insignia....
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 1 pts you get a bolter to your sergeant pretty cool with guardsmen with bolters, the schaffer head is a good idea even though it has been done quite a lot of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you wanna do is give em the heads with bandanas around em. i think the catachans have em. and yes cigars are cool. also you could do what i did. i put mondo silencers on all my hell guns.(but theyre a stealth unit you see) any how do something to thier guns.
    ''I AM A BANANA!!!'' -Regected cartoons
    Space marines = AMETURES in big armour!!
    The ANZAC Clan is gonna kick your international ass!!
    http://www.myspace.com/shannonisbig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the head body and legs from the vehicle accesories sprue, and added a plasma pistol and "power" sword. He looks pretty nifty but doesn't look like he plans on going anywhere due to the natue of the legs stance. ANYWAY

These weapons give him a good chance of mincing up anything that gets in his way - they do make him expensive but I feel his hat reflects that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vet Sarge is equipped with a Powersword, a Las Pistol, Bionics, and a Refractor Field.

Like your models, he is part Cadian (legs, torso, and upper arms) and part Catachan (lower arms and head). He is using the Catachan Las Pistol (which is a different model than the Las pistols used by Cadians so it gives him some flavor) and the Catachan Sergeants Sword (which I upgraded with the paint job to make it look like a power weapon). The Refractor Field was a little tricky as I just used a larger pouch (from space marines) and some wires up to his chest armor. The Bionics are also a paint job cause he has part of his head shaved and painted silver.

He's a pretty good leader so far, but the Refractor Field and Bionics havn't done thier bit yet as he is typically killed along with the rest of the squad when they get into close combat.

My other veterans include a Shotgun toting Vox trooper, three Grenade Launchers, a Missile Launcher, and 4-5 troopers. They typically Infiltrate and act as my Pathfinders so I can drop the rest of my troops nearby. Occasionally I'll put them in later in the game so they can drop in and shoot the heck out of a lazy HQ unit or Heavy Support.

I like having the Shotgun and Grenade Launchers and dropping the ML if I'm going to be in a position where I might have to charge. The 5 Assault weapons (pistol, 3 GL's and Shotgun) gives me a chance to use BS4 even if I have to charge the enemy instead of sitting and shooting.

I think it is all about what you plan to use these guys for. So far it looks like shooting (4 lasgun troops), but you could also go for a Close Combat unit. Give the Sarge a Powerfist, Refractor Field, Bolt Pistol, Carapace Armor, and Bionics and the rest of the squad las pistols and chainswords. He'll get a chance to hit eventually and by then he could really dish out some punishment. As was said earlier, Bolters or Stormbolters are a good piece of equipment for a veteran to have if he were to be shooting.
    Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
    IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

THanks for the resonses.

I guess i plan on using them as kind of a strike team, infiltrating in to get them into some nice cover on the side and targeting a specific unit. I plan on staying away from CC as i would imagine even this group eating it pretty good.

For my conversion so far i found an old ork model with a peg leg. I hacked that off and glued it on in place of his cadian right leg. So far i am very pleased. I plan on using the cadian head - closest on i have and i like it - but i would like to put an eye patch on using green stuff.

For the trademark item i found an giant chain type sword in some bits i got from a guy. I can't tell whether it is an ork item or something else. Anyway, i am using this to replace the cadian sergeant sword - keeping the arm so i get the stripes. and will probably use the laspistol. I imagine due to the magnificence of the sword, it could double as a master crafted weapon.

The peg leg could be used as bionics as well i guess.

One question - if i take the bolter instead of the laspistol, would that count as the same kind of item? Would i get the bonus for having a pistol and cc weapon? I guess i'm asking is the bolter a boltgun or bolt pistol?

Thanks,

Pics of the sergeant coming soon.

Later,
    Aaron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no afraid not the bolter counts as a two-handed weapon and doesn't give any plus in CC, but it is cool. Thought of another thing you could do to make them stand out, either get your hands on the old stormtrooper models or model your own berets with greenstuff. I've tried it and it isn't especially difficult or time-consuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Most simple thing to do (wich i have done for my ST vet sgt-kasarkin model) make a berret, use a little blob of greenstuff, and shape it onto a bald head, or the Cadien Sgt head, if you look in the gallery i have a pic in there somewhere.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

Well i got my sergeant done and pretty much the rest of the squad. Here he is:

Hey, any ideas as to how to resize pictures? I've tried what my limited knowledge of code allows me but I couldn't figure it out.

I used the cadian legs torso and the sergeants left arm and head. I took a pegleg from an old ork figure and added it on. The pistol and arm is a catachan arm with the laspistol converted to a plasma pistol - i still may do more work on it - with a cadian shoulder pad scooped out and added on. I don't know where the sword came from but it is massive and awesome. I plan on having it be my trademark item or mastercraft weapon - or both! I figure i could also give him bionics if i needed.

I like him a lot.

Later

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast