Which chapter is best allied with DH? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which chapter is best allied with DH?

I have been wanting to play Daemonhunters for a while and decided that I want to play a SM army with allied DH. My question is which chapter is best as a parent army for the DHs? I think my army will likely focus more heavily on the DHs, but I wanted SMs for fire support and anti-armor. Psycannons are nice, but they are no Lascannon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want marines solely for fire support/tank busting look into taking the Honour thy Wargear trait as it allows you to take up to 6 dev squads.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted.
    Last edited by samurai_socks; January 4th, 2016 at 15:36. Reason: DELETED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonhunters fight chaos-space marines fight chaos-they are both human-they both fight for the emperor-it is perfectly sensible.
    ...upon your defeat you retreat to the morgue, for maybe you will find a better life amongst the dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels are the best parent chapter for DH allies, by far.

DH give them the CC support they really need to wipe the floor with the enemy.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of you non DH people get to say that he can't do that. He can, as I do in every 2000 pt game.

As long as he has a SM HQ, and 2 SM troop choices it is leagal.

Now, on to the real question, It depends on your style. BA and GK can be a very potentc combination. The Baal class Preadator provides some awesome AT.

Otherwise, you can go the route of fire support, and try to kick some butt that way. DIY chapter provide some interesting options for the use of DEV squads.

Another fun route to go is the terminator heavy use of an Imperial Fist chapter led by Captain Lysander. The use of the word "Terminator" means everything in T armor. Everything from GKT to Independent Inquisitors in Termie Armor. With the use of their trait, Dev squads can add to the already immense AT power of Terminators.

I really like that last option. It sounds very fun and aggressive to play with, plus no one does it. You could take fire support scout squads to fufill your troops choices.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Overcannon
    Another fun route to go is the terminator heavy use of an Imperial Fist chapter led by Captain Lysander. The use of the word "Terminator" means everything in T armor. Everything from GKT to Independent Inquisitors in Termie Armor. With the use of their trait, Dev squads can add to the already immense AT power of Terminators.
    Are you saying GK Termies can Deep Strike in with Lysander?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like this:

If you play a DH army, you may not take GKs in your army and Space Marines as allies. You also cannot use marines with traits or any of the 5 chapters as allies -- you must use the "basic versions of the troops" in the codexes.

If you play a SM or IG army, you may take DHs as allies. The DH codex specifically states it may be of any loyalist Index Astartes Chapter, which I would assume means you may also take traits for your marines, and it specifically states you may use any of the codexed chapters like DA, BA, etc. Additionally, GKs may be used in the force, since the codex doesn't forbid SMs taking GK allies -- it forbids a DH GK army taking SM allies.

That said, I like DAs -- they can fill a fire-support role well, won't break because they're stubborn, Black Templar or Space Wolves can help emphasize the CC role of GKs.
    Last edited by Sithlet; April 19th, 2005 at 06:02.
    Sithlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i woundt be able to take DH because i am a chapter which cannot take allies and anyway even if they could the woundt because it would stuff with my fluff
    "In a large war, the tanks only battle the tanks, its up to the footsloggers to win the war" -me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The suspension of the "hunt the Fallen" rule also makes the DA a bit more managable with the DH on the board.

Other than the stubborn rule, a basic DA army doesn't have anything that can be recreated via traits.

Custom traits allow much more flexiblity.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast