Gray Knights Cost Vs. Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider this:

A GK costs 25 points and fires twice at long range, has strength 6 in close combat and always counts as charging (with two attacks) , not to speak of the other special rules.

A normal space marine fires only once at long range, has strength four and has only two attacks if he charges (three if he is an assault marine, but then, he loses the shooty capability). And he costs 15 points.

My point is, do you think that point-cost speaking, a GK is a better option than two space marines?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they do not count as charging, when they charge, they don't get the extra attack from 2 cc weapons.

only when they are charged.

I would rather field 2 marines then 1 GK.
    because basic marines are tough as nails, and cheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys.

This is something im evaluating right now myself. I Play Ultramarines and have always found assault marines and bikes very fun to field. Now im planning to field Powerarmour GK with Teleport or Rhino instead I cant see how these models would fail to break flanks or spread death in the apponents cannon batteries. Time will tell

10 assaulting GK can do so much more damage then 16 SM holding ground fiering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh only 1 tiny problem..

GREY KNIGHTS CANNOT TAKE TRANSPORTS!!!! ONLY LANDRAIDERS!!!!!!!!

so what were you saying again about gk more damage??
    it isn't even a powerweapon, a marine's 3+ save wil save him about 70% of all his saves.
    and grey knights have only toughness 4, so they can be killed, only you hit with s6, so what you still need to hit on a 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for pointing that out. From now on ill check before blurting things out. Well as I have said in previous posts i just came back to the game.

No cheap transport and Deep Strike can be a pain thanks to reserve rules. Back to the drawing board then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice, we hit on a 3+ (5 WS), wound on a 2+, I'd take one GK over two marines anyday, in addition to the forementioned two shots at long range, we ALWAYs get two shots at long rang, I'm biased as I started with GKs and I love them.
    Now, lets add in our special rules like shrouding and aegis
    So very worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol nice, 3d6 sight required..

that abilty isn't worth a thing to my necrons,
    sure that 3+ to hit and 2+ to wound is nice, but if you're dead, you can't fight..
    and if you take a landraider as transport, nice coffin for your marines.
    and who needs psychic powers, when you got a big gun up your arse...

GK marines are still marines, a 3+ save with T4 wil get blasted like a regular marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah so you play necrons

and i quote....

"Oh, and necrons. The ultimate easy, broken army for newbie players. Easy to paint, easy to win with. Just a lure for the newbies out there. "

Nothing personal of course.

Not saying you are a newbie and im not.. so dont go balistic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons fall amazingly fast in CC to GKs.
    And if you ever want to see a true slaughter, watch a squad of GK Terms go to work on them <laughs in a evil villian like tone>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that they are both good in the right circumstances. if for instance you were fighting a imperial guard armoured company the grey knights would be slaughtered as they are only toughness 4 and havea save of 3+ so it would be better to leave them at home and take some normal marines as these can also be equiped with lascannons and meltaguns and you could have a lot more of the marines but if you were fighting tyranids for instance grey knights could be deadly as they can move 6 away from oncoming enemys and pepper them with storm bolter death before charging in to finish the job. some tyranid players may say "well i&#39;ve gota hive tyrant mister" but the strenght 6 attacks would do more damage than strenght 4. :a

(i am quite hurt that im cannon fodder)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast