Blood angels Tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood angels Tactics

i was wondering if there where any players out there that could give me some advice against tau/ig/nids any advice will help alot if there are any other Questions i will be able to answer as i will bechecking this quite often thanks again

TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Ive been playing BA's for awhile (Back during 2nd when they didnt even have special rules).. But none of that matters, either way I've played a ton of 3rd and 4th edition games

Against Tau you cant hesitate, you need to just take a ton of assault squads and run them down their throats.. If 2 marines make it you can kill entire squads. Yet you also need to have small tact squads with lascannons to take down the hammerheads. Remember, you are the premiere assault army for Marines. Win the game by keeping your small tact squads as scoring units and DO NO ENTER 12 inchs of him if you can avoid it unless you can charge

IG - Same tactic as Tau except they can fight back a little better because of their characters. Spread out your squads and use cover to your advantage, don't rush up there too quickly instead go around one flank. If you hit a flank hard he'll have to change his entire setup. I use drop pods to great effect against Tau and IG. The Librarian bomb works amazingly well against IG. IE you drop Fear of darkness carrying librarian, rapid fire the command HQ and cause everyone to run

Nids - Remember you ARE still marines and BAs can fall back to that. Play defensively, take a few speed bump tactical squads who can hopefully kill a lot of gaunts. Then counter charge him to death with veterans and your jump pack squads. Vehicles can be useful against Tyranids unless they're using a lot of venom cannons. Baal Predator is quite good. Make sure your assault squads have FLAMERS also as they can move 12 and burn things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flames...assault cannons...heavy bolters...these are the gifts of the marines. Use them against these armies. Heavy flamers, assault cannons and heavy bolters deny an awful lot of armour saves against the mentioned armies so use them as much as you can. Having a specific charge unit and a specific rapid fire unit works well against nids (never ever let nids charge you...unavoidable sadly, but stop them when you can)

never underestimate the speed of nids. Ever. There are luckily some specifice targets you can go for when playing each army (bring lots of lascannons for gods sake...with a 5 in 6 chance of firing they are still very worth it. An annihilator, a baal and a dreadnought with lascannons gives you alot of firepower.)

Tau- Ethereal...the army tends to run away alot when this little bugger gets nuked (HKM's work well here)
    Broadsides- if they are there, kill them...lascannons are they key for this
    Hammerheads- same as broadsides

Nids- Anything synapse, or remotely genestealer like. Dreads can hold up entire guant squads until your ready for them, just keep the big nids and 'stealers away)

Guard- Anything that starts with the word 'leman'. Once its gone everyother tank in range should die. Squads are secondary concern.

Assault them...obviously. You're Blood angels and chances are they dont like it. Guard and Tau get mashed in CC easy as piss (unless the guard brings numbers to bear). Nids should be assaulted carefully, but an honour guard (cheap as possible) with librarian is pretty damned awesome frankly... let him see how much so.

And as a side note remember...a BA librarian can take a hive tyrant in close combat. And its hilarious when he does
    Last edited by Carnage; April 25th, 2005 at 15:29.
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nids hate land speeder tornado's assault cannon and heavy bolter will mow them down damn quick. take a baal predator to stand in your center and flank him with 2 furioso's (if you can use special char's use morar? d6+3 = rape in close combat. swap out the storm bolters for heavy flamers on the furioso no to hit and no armor save) use tac squads (large squads none under 7 men) with las cannon or plasma cannons (no armor save on plasma and its a template weapon) use a librarian as one hq choice and the other should (i dont know why I feel I have to say this) a chap (d3+3 +random per squad death company) keep the librarian in reserve with his honor peeps and drop pod him behind the nids (any units that get recycled get killed if they cant get in range of some of the little ****ers) death company should take a flank and assault the smallest weakest unit it can find and make a sweeping advance after it crushes it into the next closest unit and assault them (dont forget your strength moddify rule +1 to strength and something else) use tac squads to blast anything that gets closer then 24 in and use the las cannon and plasma cannon to fry further away things. dont forget a line of scouts to string infront of all your tac squads 4 tac squads and 2 scout squads should work. if the critters get past the line of heavy flamers and dreads+baal the scouts can get a round of fire off before they get assaulted and then have your tac squads about 3-4 in back from your scouts so by the time they get past your tanks/dreds and a round of fire from the scouts there should be very few left over and if they make it to your tac squads the dice have foresaken you. one last bit any multi wound creatures should be taken out back by the librarian and beaten like red headed step kids. (quickening and a psy weapon = death in large numbers. {btw the psy weapon treats many wounded creatures like one wound creatures as it attacks the mind not the physical body.) sorry for the novel. btw this is for use against a nid army for the ig (I have only played against one and all I did was launch a massive assault. I would say stick with the plan above.)

+ Reply to Thread