Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Im a little unsure of what to take. I have a foot sloggers army.Command(with heavy weapon team) 1Storm troopers squad, Infantry platoon with 3 squads and one AF squad.
for a footslogging army take closeorder drill, you get 1+ I and 1+ ld, for free! If your opponent has ordnace, don't use it (you can have it in your army list, just don't keep your troopes close). the heavy weapons teams are great if you give the sharpshooters so another doctorine right there. Then for your commandsquad buy yourself the iron disipline doctrine and make sure your troopers stay in line.
If you want to make your army more exotic I suggest maybe converting your own rough riders. These are great gamewise and look terrific (if you convert them well that is...)
For other doctorine tims i suggest looking at the thread "imperial guard doctorines" by hourg1ass, a more detailed guide which will give you more help,
here's the link:
http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=14487 (Imperial Guard Doctrines)
1. do you really need doctrines? you dont have to take them, they limit you, so why do it unless you are getting something you want?
2. as guardsman refered you to Hourglass's article is good, but it wont tell you what to take, from memory it just highlights the advatages and pitfalls of each doctrine.
3. If you do take doctrines you are gonna have to use 2 points to buy back heavy weapons platoon and storm troopers, so right there are your first 2 points and it depends if you got comisars etc as to weather you need to buy back more
4. your first consideration must be moral, guardsmans comment about Iron disipline is reasonable, I certainly take it, but it does depend on how you use moral in your army, if you have a standard and keep your units close to command squads then Iron disciplin is excelent, on the other hand if you use the vox system or veteran sgts, it is possible that your units wont be near the command squads, in which case it is less effective.
5. Flavour - how do you want your army to feel, people use doctrines to add flavour, without clear understanding of how you want th army to feel it is difficult to comment
6. odds and sods: I would think sharp shooter may be usefull for that heavy weapons squad.
Foot sloggers eh? well light infantry might be a nice choice.
PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~