Drop Pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop Pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the onset of the lame and stupid TVR, no long can assault chapters load up in transports and hope to get to the enemy lines before your blasted into oblivion.

so, looking for an alternative i began to wonder- does anyone use drop pods when availible?

also, the models look pretty awesome, and with the instructions a site kindly provided i figured i should make sonme

so does any1 have any tips for using them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah droppods exist...
    Only problem being they cost like *cough,cough* a lot... <_<
    I think that people actually have the models will use them when avaliable... but personally I woulden&#39;t buy a drop pod model just because I "might" be able to use them once or twice...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, drop pods have the same rule,...it counts as deep strike and there for can&#39;t assault after getting out of the pods...sorry. I heard that there will be a rule that charging after getting out a vihicle is possible with the landraider. because it is an assault tank if i have it right. so don&#39;t use drop pods with a cc army. it won&#39;t work not with BT&#39;s anyway.

Go on foot??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm, i know about the deep strike thing (no assault etc etc) but now at least now u can drop in so that ur close to the enemy and only have to survive one round of shooting before assaulting. i dont know, there is something about going in on foot, i just cant do it- its too mind numbingly slow

the rules for &#39;assualt doors&#39;- ridding us of the stupid TVRs should be coming out in the new space marine codex, problem is, that could be a year away so im trying to think of an interim solution

btw, dragonslayero- i thought exactly the same thing, but somewhere else (i think in general discussion) there is a thing about cardboard vehicles- basically its a site that gives you detailed plans on how to build pods without forking out like 90 pounds- all u need is balsa and stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, but deepstrike will be in turn 2 and with a landraider wich costs less points you can be there in turn 2 as well and then you have to survive only 1 round of shooting at RAPID fire (you nuts) :huh: you&#39;ll die. and if drop pods scatter of the table who will fight them then.. you units on FOOT I think deep strike is to much of a risk. it will help to have an teleport homer but.....well...you know :unsure:

so i thought about this: get a transport and stop horisontal (side up front) and get out at the back (the side that is pointed at you) you&#39;ll be able to survive most of the blasting :unsure: i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the LRC speed thing: TVR screw us- all the enemy need to do is knock of a hurricane bolter and the lot has to disembark and that can seriously disrupt your movement if you are a while away from the enemy. Also, you save a hell of alot of points from not buying a crusader for deepstrike

teleport homer only works on terminators i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean....it can still drive if all weapons are gone. how does that affect the movement. and everything that can deepstrike can be used by the teleport homer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, first up- teleport homer- yeah it specifically states in the marines codex that it works for terminators and specifically mentions its not for other troops (logical as they arent teleporting i guess)

second- TVRs, stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid things that they are (did i ever mention that i hate them beyond reason) have modifed the damage tables- now if u have rolled a penetrating hit troops inside either disembark immediately, cant disembark next turn or have their transport blown up. For glancing hits basically anything over a "shaken" result means that u cant disembark next turn- although this can be compensated for by extra armour.

I agree that a "stunned" result should apply to most of the results, as its logical that anything powerful enough to prune a lascannon from a Land Raider is likely going to rattle the guys inside but disembarking? :blink: i can just see it now- a Force commander, Emperors Champion and respective command squad are hurtling along in their rhino, just out of assault range of the Tau. the tau natually open fire desperately, managing to wreck the storm bolter on top. With a scream of terror the force commander shouts to his veterans of a hundred campaigns "OH nO OUR PRICELESS STORM BOLTER, EVERYONE OUT"&#33;&#33;

Basically this logic, and the inability of troops to run out of a vehicle designed specifically to assault (LRC)is the reason i hate the TVRs and the reason i wish to investigate the use of drop pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: lol :lol:

i didn&#39;t know that about the penetrating and glancing hits. damm that is crap. but i don&#39;t care because.....im going on foot . and drop pods aren&#39;t that good. There is a thing that is called AA mount. Can&#39;t they shoot at them??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AA- nup

on foot- nup, i hate the lack of combat and the enemy fire (i swear this must be a result of trauma suffered during my early 5th ed wfb days using bretonnians)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast