Blood Angels Heavy Support - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know what will be the best heavy support for a Blood Angels army. I am equipping all my tactical squads with a heavy weapon, probably some of them will not shoot from time to time, but I think it is alright to give them some extra support against heavily armored targets, although I also think that maybe they will never get to fire as my BA will keep constantly moving forward!

So. Should i go for a Devastator Squad instead? Or should I forget everything about missile launchers and lascannons and get some tanks? I would rather not field a single Dreadnought as I think it is a very vulnerable unit and attracts a lot of fire as well, so it will not survive by the second turn. What about a Land Raider to go with my troops?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you do have the baal predator......why not use it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say go the devestators- as a BT player i know exactly the pain of not having them. I know you may do this run forward thing, but remember- its fairly unlikely in any event and even if it does, u have superior close combat abilty to make up for it unless ur playing BT that is....

Recently my chief opponent (Blood Angel) and we swapped armies (he isnt as experianced as me so hasn't been able to beat me yet). I decided to forget trying to take the BT on in close combat because frankly, i think they are better. I took an army with considerable firepower (incl. devestators with 2 PC 2 LC). I managed to convincingly win against him because using the BA superior speed and firepower i was able to maximise these strengths and therfore deny the BT theirs- close combat

maybe this principle can apply to other armies capable of beating BA in close combat convincingly?

just a thought...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a devestator is good but the thing is in 1500 pts. it is a bit of a limp leg...i myself have te autocannon - heavy bolter tank. for that tank you can put more troops on the table and that is the whole point in cc armies, even blood angels. But i don't think you should rely so much on heavy support in the sens of tanks. Isn't it better to put up troops with heavy weapons like devestator squads. We (black templars) can't have those but you (the blood angel player) can. The risks is only (and you'll probably know that) is that they will go to the...erm :huh: i forgot the name erm...those special units for wich you role to see if they join it. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually again, thats a good point, its a b!tch when they go to the DC so i sugest taking a few more guys than would normally be necessary

I guess it depends on which army your playing- in the battle ive played and other games ive been in ,the PC and LC combination is great against heavily armoured armies, but against others the Baal Predator should be pretty awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem, point cost-wise is that two PC plus two LC will raise the cost of the devastators up to more than 200 points! For just a bit more I could get two minor tanks or even a Land Raider!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thats a reasonable response. THe devestators are bloody pricey. Still remember, to get that much firepower to bear against one unit of marines will probably wax them in about a turn (or reduce them to numbers where it wont even matter). A tank will usually not be able to do that. 2 lC and 2 PC will also cripple or destroy most tanks in a couple of shooting phases. u get almost the anti tank fire power of a predator and 2 plasma cannons to fry infantry for a minimum of 215 pts- to get that sort of firepower in any other way (dreadnoughts etc) it would actually end up costing you more. If your worried about enemy return fire, hide them behind an expendible marine squad to protect your investment.

A land raider will not be able to take out an entire marine squad in a turn and with 2 lascannons it is only slightly better than ur devestators. It can also be taken out with a single hit, which i have seen more often than not. A LRC will only be as good as the devestators against low armour armies and will not be able to take on theri tanks as well

THe LC/PC squad is basically to be used against marines and necrons. Against others this is a fairly redundant configuration, ur better off taking 4 missile launchers or i would personally just use a predator. THe reason i still suggest the LC/PC combo is because most ppl use some kind of marine or necron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a question, what is the difference about shooting a necron/marine with a LC/PC and shooting with a Missile Launcher? The strength of the weapon does not matter agsindt that T of 4.And both of them deny the saving throw! And a Missile Launcher is cheaper!

(I think, as I do not have the stats in front of me, so maybe I am wrong)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is when shooting with a plasma cannon and lascannon is that is as a ap of below 3. this means necrons can&#39;t save against them, but can try to get up when you shoot with the plasma cannon because it is not dubble toughnes, the lascannon is. The crack missle is better then the frag but crack is only one model. Im not sure about the stats of the missle (i never use them <_< ) but i do know that the crack is ap 3 or lower. and i thought str. 8 that means it instant kills the necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marshal_Lucian

indeed, necrons still get that accursed we&#39;ll be back roll, so i would use the devestators to shoot at necrons near the warlord (who will undoubtably have that awful ressurection orb, so they would anyway, and allow other, more effective units to deal with those that are more easily removed (through methods such as assault marines, terminators, and my favourite- command squads, have u ever seen how nicely they deal with pariahs?)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast