WH Inquisitor -which one to get? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH Inquisitor -which one to get?

Hi all,
    I'm looking at expanding my SM force into a small WH force - basically ISTs, arco-flaggelants, a penitent engine (I already have a priest model) assassins (eversor and 2 dcas)and an inquisitor, and maybe inducting some marines, depending on game size. Basically it's a little 'penitent' theme force - an inqusitor who keeps punished crims (the arco-flags and pen-engine) and an eversor in cryo sleep on their ship, de-frosting them to put them to use taking on heretics etc

Now, given I've already got the blister of WH henchmen and there's around $21 difference between the WH inqusitor blister and box set with retinue - my question is - is it worth it getting the box set or should I just stick with one of the blisters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Hmm...

It really depends on what you want t oequip them with. I personally like the Inqusitor Chick (as she is cheaper, and looks cooler) but the other dude looks very Van-Helsing. Its really upto your model preference. The Box set comes with 1 of each retunie member. So it really depends on what you want to give your inquisitor, and what you want them to look like.

Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

Only 1 PE Are you nutz? It'll get shot down so fast, I will be taking 3 in my WH force. Thats it really.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I'd suggest getting whichever you like the look of.

Remember, with mail order you can get the boxed inquisitor seperately, without a premade retinue. True, add P&P to that, but it's still cheaper than buying a bunch of stuff you're not going to use.

One problem fluffwise, an Eversor can't really be a wanted criminal, as they start training in early childhood. In fact, as members of the officio assassinorum, they're not really under the command of inquisitors at all. They're 'allies', rather than servants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all,

thanks for the replies - I think I will go with a blister as to me the look's comparable and I can get it a fair bit cheaper (even including P+P - thanks for the idea Mantis).

Re the eversor, I know he's not a criminal, I had him more as 'on special assignment' from the officio to this inquisitor to really rip through the heretics. While not criminal, an eversor fits my 'cryo-frozen, homocidal maniac' mould reasonably well. I want the feeling that the inquisitor can push a button and unleash all these nasties stored in cryo-freeze on his/her (I guess it's looking like her) ship - I think I've been watching too many horror movies!

Mike, cheers for the warning re pen engs, I've heard similar before, and just getting the one is a $$ decision. I should stress this is just for starters - armies evolve, things get added to them...like more pen engs.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I'm just going to make my own Inquistor, why stick to what they gaive you??? I'm currently making a Priest out of an old SM Sarge but I still need some good arms..... I play to buy the SM Commander box and canabalise it to fit my needs!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

My Inquisitor

I am modding this model from Mordenheim to be my Inquisitor ( or even a Canoness) by replacing one hammer with a pistol.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...GameNav=300808

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

+ Reply to Thread