Inducted Gaurd - are they worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Inducted Gaurd - are they worth it?

Hey fellas, I Im thinking of getting a fe inducted gaurd. Namely, 2 armourd fist sqauds, 3 sentils and a Leman Russ. What do you think? Have you any experince with Inducted Gaurd? If so any good tips/reccomendations?

Thanks

Yossanrion

Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I find that inducted guard should fill the areas that your WH force cannot. They can be a great fire support at long range, and also help boost the sisters numbers. Perhaps a rough composition of your army to go with this would help, for suggestion of units.
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Ok. I (for my 1000 point army) I am gonna have CC cannoness, about 2 sister sqauds with flamers (in rhino) , 1 ST squad with metla (in rhino) , an exorcist, Inqusitor, Vindicare Assasin, and a sqaud of 8 seraphim. (the list still needs a litte tweaking.)

Hope that makes it easier

Yossanrion

P.S.
    Raiders and playing Knights today. My City vs yours. Go...Knights (I'm still a Newcastle boy at heart) .
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

From your rough list, you seem to have a nice mix of cc troops and close fire support. For inducted guard then, a leman russ is a good choice, and suppliments the excorcist nicely. One can hunt vehicles, while the other kills infantry (and it can be fun seeing an opponent pick the highest priority ). Your force is also fast moving, so the armoured fist squads are not to bad an idea. Perhaps with some anti-horde guns (so use a multi laser on the chimeras, autocannons, heavy bolters and the likes) as you haven't included retributors. The sentinals are a good choice, by the fact they can also fit the above role, provide a bit more armour for the enemy to shoot at and have high manouverability. By the look of your list, you want a fast moving army, so pick units that provide gaps for any holes and don't lose sight of a theme (hopefully your army is themed in some way, as I believe it adds to the enjoyment of the game). Cheers,
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Cheers!

Thanks taint!

Ype, my army is themed to a qucik reaction SoB force being called in by an Inqusitor to help her, her cronies and the local PDF put down a heretical revolt. I might go with the armoud fist sqaud toting autocannon and heavy bolter in mutily laser, heavy bolter, heavy stubber Chimera. I'll aloso give the sentinals 2x multilasers, and 1 lasscannon.

Once again, Cheers!

Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Pleasure to help, and even greater to see an idea behind your army. I don't mind if people don't have one, but taking into account the massive amounts of fluff, the huge variety and options, and the sportmanship of a player who isn't afraid to lose because he/her is having fun and enjoys the army they created, why wouldn't you use fluff. Good luck with the list, and I wait for when you have figured out exactly what you are using (a points list). Cheers fellow inquisitor,
    Taint

+ Reply to Thread