Expanding My Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expanding My Army

ok, I'm a fairly big n00b and I was wondering what to get next for my army.
    I currently have:

1 dreadnought
    2 tac squads(10)with RL and flamers
    1 Assault squad(5)
    1 Rhino
    1 Predator with TL lascanon and 2 HB

I have about $100 to work with(canadian funds)

Thanks.

Hope Is The First Step On The Road To Dissapointment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wrath of Chosin, currently beseiging Trathnor III
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really that knowledgeable of Iron Hands fluff, but personally I would recommend getting an Iron Father and putting him a command squad. If this was my army, I would put a jump pack chappie in the assault squad, but that's not very ironhandish. After the HQ choice, maybe a whirlwind or a vindicator from the sound of where your army's going. Or perhaps even a Land Raider. Unless you want another dred, maybe get some termies. I'm sorry about this going a bit above and beyond 100$ CA.
    I need the bugger so I can see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Scouts are useful and relatively cheap, and every small-points army should have at least one squad. Also, what weapons are you giving the dread?

Putting flamers and rocket launchers in the same squad is somewhat contradictory. A short-range assault weapon and a long-range heavy weapon in the same squad don't go well together; if you use the RL, you won't get to use the flamer, and if you use the flamer, chances are you're not going to use the RL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't you playing UM just a month ago? :p

Anyway, it looks as though you don't have an HQ choice. Consider getting the command squad or any other command choice. Chaplain, librarian, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um id have to say if i was you id buy maybe some special weapons blisters and add in 1 or 2 plasma guns in to the tac squads and chuk out those flamers u got in there.Then i would obviously definately reccomend getting a HQ.
    I would get a chaplain and add him into the assault squad.Because if you dont already know the chaplain has the Linities of Hate rule which alows him and the unit he is in to re roll all missed to hit rolls in combat.
    But if you dont want that for what ever reasons maybe fluff reasons i would get a command squad and give them all furious charge
    Hope that helps dude
    Then when u get more money get some scouts and get another assault box and make that assault unit a 10 man team......yay more re rolls!lol

+ Reply to Thread