Terminator armor or artificer armour? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminator armor or artificer armour?

well what do you prefer?? i use AA and TH for the extra attack and the can make a sweeping advance for 10pts extra. and can claim 1+a for bolt pistol and CCW.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I either use Termie or power armor. As a Space Wolf player though, I find myself using termie armor very, very rarely.

I just can't warrant the cost of Runic Armor when a power weapon ignores it.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

I use an artificer armor-Terminator Honors combo, which is actually quite fluffy for Raven Guard. We have so few suits of Tactical Dreadnought armor on hand, that we simply cannot afford to give them to even half the First Company, much less Chaplains, Librarians, and Captains. Hell, the majority of our troops still use Mk 6 power armor because of the Istvaan V Massacre. I cannot justify putting my HQ unit in such a rare relic, so I usually end up paying a lot more for the better armor save, the extra attack, and an Invulnerable save if he doesn't already have one.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree i use Artificer and TH's as well you can still make sweeping advance rolls and the mobility is just over all better. You know whats even better a chaplain on a bike with a 2+ invulnerable when he boosts :eek:
    The Only thing evil men need is for good men to sit by and do nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also use the AA and TH combo instead of the Termie Armour. as I only use a chaplain and with the new rules it's just so cool too let it come along with your assault marines and when in terminator armour you lose alot of options.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but on a chaplain i can see that a TA is a rather good choise. 2+ 4++ thats a rather tough general. i know you can get the same with AA but he is already so expensive!!

AA+TH for masters only for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-61 (x0)

I would only give Artificer armour to an hq choice if I were also planning to give that HQ choice a jetpack or a bike. Terminator armour is just too excellent of a deal.

Not being able to run guys down is harsh, but hardly the end of the world, and hardly worth the ten points and the invulnerable save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:huh: I have to disagree with you on the point that now sweeping advance totally kiks ass and that with TA you lose alot of mobility, to even make this point more apparent forgive me my codex and rulebook are on the way from canada, i believe if you move a unit that has your terminator clad HQ in it that you can't even go into cover becuz then your only moving 1D6 making him highly unmobile and risking keeping the squad wide in the open even if facing a very shooty army. again forgive me if its not 1D6 going off memory i think paying the AA and Term honours is worth the mobility for only paying an extra 10points in my books sweeping advance is just to good. ^_^
    The Only thing evil men need is for good men to sit by and do nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I'd only use articificer armour against specific armies that lack power weapons, e.g. Tau, Necrons. Then I'd give my commander artificer armour and throw him in a squad and hope for CC. The only time I'd use terminator armour is where I intended to give my commander a terminator retinue.

Articificier or Terminator armour? Neither, I'd rather give my commander an Iron Halo and stick with good old power armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-61 (x0)

I might agree with you if it were ever a good idea to attach your commander to a squad. Since it really just isn't, you're only losing the commander's ability to sweeping advance.
    Also, i'm pretty sure there's nothing about terminators getting bogged down moving through cover, and, even if it were, the rules for independant characters moving through cover would almost definitely negate those disadvantages.

Just don't attach your guy to a squad: it does nothing for him anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast