Army Structure - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army Structure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Space Marines (Blood Angels), what would you suggest to be the point allocation for units in the organizational chart?

For instance, in a 500 point army, probably I would get a 35% HQ (roughly 180 points for command group) and then a 65% in Troops (about 320 points for two Tactical Squads).

In a 1000 points army, probably I would get another 35-40% (350-400 pts) HQ (for a really impressive HQ unit) and then 40% (400 pts) in Troops (Three downgraded Tac Squads) and the rest, 20-25% (200-250 pts) in heavy support.

In a 1500 points army, HQ will go down to 25% (400 pts). Troops will remain in 40% (600 pts) and heavy support 35% (500 pts)

In a 2000 pts: HQ 20% (400 pts). Troops 50% (1000 pts) and heavy support 30% (600 pts).

I am not fielding elite choices as I think terminators are way too expensive for what they can do (although maybe some assault termies could fit somewhere) and in Fast Attack I change tactical squads for assault squads with or without jump packs.

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, for 1500 (i normaly dont play lower)

a Hq (i cal it lord) with NO command squad. to expensive (dont you have honor guard??)

8 assault terminators with thunderhammers and lightningclaws

3 troop choises (if possible) (a lot of troops is good, dont fool your self in thinking that they are only marines)

assault troops, 2 of 5 marines

With any luck the termies will go to death company and with a lot of troops the chanses of getting some o them is bigger to.

I dont play blood angels but a friend of mine does. This is what i would take. What do you say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Problem with that is that you do not have real antitank capability, unless you reach CC with the termies... which is not bad, by the way, with all those Claws and Hammers! So maybe you can rely all your heavy suport on the Termies in CC? In order to give them more punch and staying around 500 points, I could give them a Land Raider and field only five or six assault termies (assuming one will go to the DC). The Land Raider (maybe even a Crusader) will deliver them fast into CC.

If not, the termies will have to make all the way through the field attracting lots of fire... same as the DC. Actually, you know what? Your list could work quite fine if and only if the whole army moves forward all the time, which, by the way, is what a BA army should do!

For HQ I think the Chaplain with the DC is a must (for 400 points I got two chaplains and tons of DC with jump packs&#33

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

termies and a landraider is to much pts. 7 termies with thunder hammer and stormshield and lightning claws + a sergant is 336 pts. + a landraider 225 is TO MUCH.

i as black templar go on foot. it works because i have a lot of strong troops on the table and a termie squad. Your oponent wont know what to shoot at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lucian: if ur not prepared to dish out the points for tanks etc to deal with enemy tanks, then may i suggest either a couple of land speeders or attack bikes with multimeltas- they have been pretty successful at dealing with just about anyones tank from my experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shooting tanks is for the dreadnoughts and the plasma cannons, emperors champion and terminators. I dont need a tank to take out an other. i do this up close and personal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, on foot means your troops can be shot at.
    and that is really bad for your 8 termies.

when those 8 termies die, you have lost a lot of points, plus your opponent hasn't even started shooting yet.

protect those 8 termies good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you make these 8 termies as Grey Knight Terminators? The cost would be just a bit higher but their performance is much better! And you do not have to worry about them joining the DC!

The only problem being (apart from transport) that if I decide to use Daemonhunters as allies, I would only have one Elite slot to give to the GK and, If I have to do it, probably I would rather get a Callidus Assassin before I get those GK termies. I think the Create Confusion ability of the Assassin is a very good option. Specially if I can clean the way to create a path for my Blood Angels to get into close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont pay attention to ice zero because he hasnt won from this tactic jet. He didnt shoot 8 termies before they kicked his ass.

hehe, on foot means your troops can be shot at.
    and that is really bad for your 8 termies.

when those 8 termies die, you have lost a lot of points, plus your opponent hasn't even started shooting yet.
    when my termies die from YOUR shooting that means that YOU allready SHOT me,......thank you <_< &#33;&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diablo it is a good idea to get grey knights but...(and this is a principle thing)..i dont NEED grey knights to do the job. it worked so far just the way i said.

Hmmm :wacko: i gues small talk does exists (and im not calling names..right...ice zero ) firs make it true what you are saying about shooting the termies first, then we will talk tactics. ok 8|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast