Salamander Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's everyone's opinions on the space marine salamander army. I'm looking for a army to start my wife on and saw a boxed set for the salamanders at my local gaming shop. I think they're army list is in the eye of terror codex which I don't have. What Kind of playing style are they. Are they a balanced force, or are they shooty or what......? Just curious. The boxed set was a real good deal, it had 2 tac squads, 1 assult squad, 1 termy squad, 1 devastator squad, 1 command squad, a rhino, and a predator for like $180....... Would they be a good army to start a new player on or should I look elsewhere?

Also it had some chaplain character in it.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is with salamanders is that it is a shooting army. the good thing is that they have good hq chois and cheap flamers (and a lot)

the salamanders have a lot of short range firepower multimeltas and flamers. the terminators can only have thunderhammers and stormshields.

salamanders is a good character army and is (i think :huh: ) fun to play for your wife.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iv played salamanders for about 2 years now.
    they are an awesome army to play, but imo, tha hardest.

there codex is in Codex: Armageddon
    whent he new marine codex comes out, they are getting new rules.

when u think salamanders u think 3 and only weapons: flamers and melta and thunder ahmmers

they can ahve 2 flmaers in each squad and the terminators can have 2 heavy flamers. its a LOT of flame going around.

they are by far balanced,maybe even a little underbalanced. they have an iniatiave of 3, not 4, so they are gonna hit last a lot of time so u gotta hit hard!

flamers are one of the best weapons in the game. they auto hit. they negate cover. the hit EVERONe if u play in a bunker misssions and u fire it into the bunker. and they fire on the move.

thunder hammers are awesome! even tho they strike last, they are a str 8 power weapon and anythignt hat doesnt die from it, strike even after u next combat phase!

cool things about salamanders: they can make the game go an extra turn, wether it ends after 6 or randomly. they can have signums(re roll one failed miss in shooting for that squad) on the vet sargsents ainstead of onyl techmarines.

they can give artificer armor to characters.

master cratfed is onyl 10 pts

wargear item cale dthe "Salamanders Mantle" makes u immune to instant death from double str weapons. so if yu wouned by a powerfist, u dont die insteantly! this is great on yur commander(preferbly a force commander who has 3 wounds) and slap a thunder ahmmer on him and an iron halo and who cares if he goes last, he has a 4+ inv dave and cant die instantly!!

its such a fun army to play but very very hard, since yur I is low. coordinating yur attack is key. for a new player she can try it, but it cost me alot of money to fix my mistakes and a lot of losing, until i got it rite, but when i did, i went on a 4 month winning streak in which i played 2 games a week!

they ahve been a VERY rewarding army, so if u guy want to do them, remmeber have fun!!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its really nice to hear some1 endorse the salamanders- most ppl just look at them see I3 and back to BT (so they should&#33, but salamanders are kinda like Dark Eldar, in that they are alot better than people give them credit for

They are probably the ultimate response to &#39;horde&#39; armies, especially Orks and &#39;Nids- these two armies can kick everyones ass in close combat anyway and they come in numbers- which is precisely why flamers are great against them.

They also look awesome, flames, green and black....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

signums for all chars this is awsome my friend plays salamanders he uses a devastator squad some times 2 filled with lasconnons then gives the vets signums then ataches apothacaries and techmarines from his command squads which also usual hav 2 lascannons and shoots the hell out of everything never missing a shot its expensive but works another awsome thing bout salamanders 37 pt. terminators with power fists so you dont care if they only hav 3 initiative :ph34r:
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Closed Thread