Morior the chosen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morior the chosen

has anybody tried using him in a game? i'm just wondering how much attention he got. i was thinking of using him in conjunction with another dread or 2 who could shield him while somewhere else my LRC moved up with an 8 man termie assualt squad, or a nice hq unit. think it would be a suitable distraction?

any other strat ideas involving him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez how many points are u gonna play?That combo would be nasty!
    On Moriar he ROCKS he is absolutly Devastating once he gets in combat.O and who are u gonna vs>Are the Tank Heavy because if they are and Moriar makes it to their lines u can say Bye Bye Mister Tankie lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well here's the background, my friend doesn't quite have 3000 points so we're doing a 2800 point game this weekend (he uses ultra marines), and i really want to use morior, either as a massive distraction (who wouldn't be absolutely terrified), or part of an assault.

the tricky thing is i've only ever used him once and that didn't go very well lol. i also can't throw him in a drop pod because he's not allowed any extra equipment, so he has to footslog it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U could drop pod him in a fair way out and then move towards cover and then try to catch up with him with say an assault squad or maybe infiltrate a scout squad and move them maybe on the flank towards enemy lines so if they shoot moriar they which will be pretty hard to take down,but say they destroy it then if you have a good assaulting unit next to him like an assault squad or DC who will be able o charge them and most likely wipe them out.But you are playing alot of points so its likely your opponent will lay down alot of firepower on whichever unit is supporting moriar.
    I dont know what other you and your friend have (or using)so i cant give anymore advice.
    Hope what ive said(not much lol!)helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Don't forget though, Moriar is a special character and as with all special characters you need to agree on using them pre-game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    Don't forget though, Moriar is a special character and as with all special characters you need to agree on using them pre-game.
    Yep thats exactly right did you friend agree to using Special Characters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Yep thats exactly right did you friend agree to using Special Characters?
    yeah we're really open to that sort of thing, whatever you want to try, go for it - using special characters is nothing new

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry but who is this guy?
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Moriar is a Blood Angels special character. He's a Death Company dred with all kinds of nasty CC goodies. Personaly I don't see what's so great about 'im. I can get up to 3 DC dreds in my army (Flesh Tearers..W00T!) and they're not really much different from a Furioso, they still never get close enough to cause any good damage. x_X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Edicius
    Moriar is a Blood Angels special character. He's a Death Company dred with all kinds of nasty CC goodies. Personaly I don't see what's so great about 'im. I can get up to 3 DC dreds in my army (Flesh Tearers..W00T!) and they're not really much different from a Furioso, they still never get close enough to cause any good damage. x_X
    They get an extra attack, I belief, as well as the bonus for 2 close combat weapons. Also, they ignore some vehicle damage rules.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast