Can anyone tell me why Ultramarines dont seem so good anymore? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me why Ultramarines dont seem so good anymore?

Apperently im losing intrest in my ultramarine army because i basicly have everything ill ever need and none of my friends have big enough arimes that i can beat the crap out of and now i want to start a chaos army. I need help choosing what to do. :confused:
    Thanks to all who have and or will give me advice.

Last edited by M.C.; May 9th, 2005 at 05:56.
    "Thou shalt not kill" HA HA yah right :p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I play DarkAngels and have gotten every model I wanted for my army(around 1800pts). Everyone I play against uses 1000-1500pts armys. So now I desided to collect/play a 2nd army. I went down to my local GW store and watched a few games with some non space marine armys. After a few hours I desided on Necrons.

I bought 2 battle forces box's, a necron lord. Then when I got home I desided to make 3 of the destroyers into heavys(only cost me around 10$ in parts) So in the end for under 200$ I had a full second army. And it falls right in the 1000-1500pts armys the others play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

another option is try and play against multiple of your opponents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M.C.
    Apperently im losing intrest in my ultramarine army because i basicly have everything ill ever need and none of my friends have big enough arimes that i can beat the crap out of and now i want to start a chaos army. I need help choosing what to do. :confused:
    If you have everything you need, then tailor your army everytime to beat your opponent. If you don't have certain pieces to do certain jobs (LCs for tanks, etc) then I would purchase those and round it out.

Otherwise, start a drastically different army (Dark Eldar, Tyranids, etc) and put some flavor into your playtime.

If you are dead set on Chaos, do not go the Black Legion route. I play them, and they are similar to SMs with a few exceptions. If you are looking for a difficult CSM army to play try either 1k Sons or Night Lords. I am sure others have better opinions on which CSMs are harder to play, but I think both of those are difficult enough.

Good luck, and let us know what you choose!
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play the opposite of your current army. Since Nids have their new codex use them. Or orks. I played SW for forever then I went to TS then to Orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe look into starting a fantasy army too, thats what I did. If you want something other than SM, I wouldnt go chaos cause they are still realativly like SM in stats ect. Maybe eldar or nids.

Space Wolves- 4,000 pts
    Tau- 500pts
    Dwarves in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ultramarines are boring anyway.

I would reccomend going over to warhammer, it is much different and more epic.

though DONT COLLECT BRETONNIONS, they are basicially space marines in plate mail.
    "In a large war, the tanks only battle the tanks, its up to the footsloggers to win the war" -me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't recommend going over to fantasy. I played 40k for a while and got bored so I started looking around for a new thing to do and I saw the new Lizardmen! :rolleyes: O so pretty. I bought them and started playing and found that I am made for set peice battles. I missed the manuverabillity of my squads so much that I gave up on fantasy and went back to my marines. However since I didn't touch them for about a year I was really excited to get back into it.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone who has 35.000 points of models and he always tries to make a different army so he can have fun playing and the same time making his oppontents difficult to get grip on his army. maybe you can make an army list completly bassed on one element of your army. doing that several times makes your army alot more fun to play.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same thing on Ultras. And I made a 2nd army of Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast