Induct Seraphim? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Induct Seraphim?

Right now, my army is avery slow(only 500 pts). My plan to move my army faster once iget to a higher point cost is to move some IST woith meltabombs and a teleport homer up in a rhino. I would teleport amy GKTerms and hero in once my rhino gets close enough. My main worry though, (and considering the rhinos armor value, i think this is a good concern), is that the rhino will be destroyed along with its troops and i will be without my teleport homer and basically my army will fail. I have a way that i think might work though. I think that i maybe induct some seraphim to go along at the same speed as the rhino, also carrying a teleport homer. The seraphim would be used as a backup for the IST, and would reinforce the GK once they arrive. Will this work? Any ideas of past experiences would be appreciateciated. Alsdo if you have another way to solve my problem could u please tell me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think about it too but i don't know if it would actually work, need to wait other anwser

But in my opinion, it should be ok. Move 12 '', is not a tank, can have more than one life and can be good in assault or for cover for GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, there is no way to give the Seraphim a teleport homer. It's not in the Witch Hunters armory.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

lepermessiah is right, you can't give Seraphim a Teleport Homer. Armoury equipment is restricted to base lists (so allied SoB use the WH armoury only), and a TP isn't in the WH armoury.

It IS legal to use Seraphim in a DH list as your allies. And pretty common, actually, for players seeking fast anti-tank (inferno pistols!).

I would teleport amy GKTerms and hero in once my rhino gets close enough.
    You cannot choose to postpone reserve rolls, meaning that you have absolutely no idea when the GK would Deepstrike once you start your second turn.

My main worry though, (and considering the rhinos armor value, i think this is a good concern), is that the rhino will be destroyed along with its troops and i will be without my teleport homer and basically my army will fail.
    Teleport Homers are cool, sure, but you don't NEED them to use a Deepstriking GK army. Granted, you won't be able to be very accurate with the incoming units, but GK tend to last a while once they land.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont own the WH codex, but could you tell me how much a squad of 10 would cost point wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a big unit with equipment like Inferno Pistols and Melta Bombs OR kitted Veteran Superior will go for ~300pts!
    Buy a pack of 5 and test them from there. I haven't increased their size yet. They are really useful for their points but if they start getting expensive, close or beyond 250pts, then I'd prefer two Dreads or Terminators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 seraphim with a vet. sis. superior with brazier and eviscerator, meltabomb and 2 inferno pistols go for 340 pts. Altough I would go for a squad of 5. At 210 pts, it can easily roll "the Passion" faith rolls (+2 init) when assaulting. It gives you 12 attacks WS4 st 3 (4 st 6 for the veteran). That, just after you shot: 4 bolt pistols, 4 inferno pistols and 1 flamer template. With the Hit and run rule, you can just rince and repeat!

edit: sorry for the confusion lepermissiah is right: the shots are really: 2 twinlinked bolt pistol and 2 twinliked inferno pistol and 1 flamer template. Math comes to a bit lower wound count. Vs mass armies, replace the 2 twinlinked infernos by two twinlinked hand flamers. phil

Phil
    Last edited by boreas; May 19th, 2005 at 00:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would a squad of five get that many shots? Their pistols are twin linked, they don't get to fire two seperate pistols.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    Teleport Homers are cool, sure, but you don't NEED them to use a Deepstriking GK army. Granted, you won't be able to be very accurate with the incoming units, but GK tend to last a while once they land.
    I don't know if I could ever trust the dice this much, far too random for my liking. Teleport Homers are only 10 points each, so to me at least they make a lot of sense; 10 points to use the homer or gamble on your 200 point Terminator squad ending up stuck in a tree.

As far as any other solutions, just plant as many teleport homers on as many squads as possible, although be careful to give them to squads that are actually likely to be close enough to the enemy for them to be effective (which in GK terms is everything aside from Purgation Squads pretty much). It says nothing about One Per Army so go mad. Alternatively try upgrading the Rhino to a Land Raider at the cost of a Terminator squad and your right eye.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth an eye. Termie squad, maybe not as much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast