Need help in what to buy for army list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

Need help in what to buy for army list.

My army list can be found here.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...threadid=37776

I'm wondering what increments i should buy in, what to get first. And how
    much I should put into each installment.

I'm also looking for cool conversion ideas.

Do you fellow guardsmen have any advice?

-HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say buy in increments of whatever your wallet can take. The other day, I spent almost $90 in one go buying some stuff, but I plan on taking a while to earn the money back before going back, except to buy a box of Caidans to get me 1500 points. If you have some flexibility, buy in even point incremints. 500 pts, 1000 pts, 1500 pts, 2000 pts, and then to whatever. That way you can play your army while slowly building it up.

Other than that, units don't matter. Make out a list for each even point count and buy whatever you need.

Oh, and as for conversions, I don't think you have much to convert except for maybe Veteran Sergents. For those, bullet indentations can be made with an exacto knife, Catachan heads and torsos are good, whatever you can add to them. I'd say, to personalize your army, do a good job painting your standar. My Cadians are painted just like the 8th Cadian regiment from the codex, but I made a few changes. My idea was to make them look like Cadians, but I didn't really mind not making them unique. I did spend 2 hours just painting the flag on my standar, and I used decals to indicate that mine was the 11th Cadian Guard Regiment. I did do some converting using heavy weapons teams, but its bascially whatever you can think of after that.
    Last edited by Fish; May 11th, 2005 at 21:42.
    We'll show these filthy aliens what Imperial Guard are made of!

+ Reply to Thread