Ulthwe Eldar Problems - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi everyone,
    couple of questions first, can a seer council target different targets using their psychic spells? does augment double the range of every psychic power in the army? how to deal with crystalline targeting matrix?

i have very serious trouble when it comes to versing ulthwe eldar in a battle, marines just dont cut it against starcannons...... well i am a dark angel player and i want to know wat is best to field against an ulthwe army, i have great trouble dealing with fast vehicles, which have banshees or scorpions inside, seer council, with their annoying 4+invulnerable and the wraithlord.

plz help me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First a Whirlwind is a must to allow you to hit stuff that hides. a Squadron of speeders with Multi-Meltas to deal with fast stuff (fight fire with fire)

Lots and lots of lascannons.

Assault squad with Meltabombs anyone?

Hope that helps some..... :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try not to target the seer counsil first, because of their saves and invul save they will survive and have enough time to open a wraithgate to reduce your army into mincemeat
    try to kill their gardian squads as fast as possible but watch out either with devastator, since they have BS of 4 and u dont want to be hit by that
    or rush them with assult squad...( and of course, destry the supporting weapon battery as fast as possible if u can, these are vital to the eldars plans)
    after the wraithgate is opened, try to bombard them with devastater as much as u can(this is a different case if they have maugan ra and reapers...eek :blink: )
    the only thing they can have as a 'big' viechle is a vyper, so not worry about falcons
    and i agree, LOTS of lascannons
    and were u talking about strike force or just ultwe? :ph34r: :blink: :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am talking about normal ulthwe, i have no problems fighting against strike force ulthwe...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wraithsting, i think i can be most help since i play both space marines and regular ulthwe. (i hate when ppl confuse those things)

first off
    yes each farseer in the coucil can use a different power on a squad. one farseer can cast fortune on 1 squad and that same guy, or another farseer can cast guide on another totally different squad.

augment requires a psychic test, after the farseer IN the seer coucil has successfully made a psuchic test. it doubles the range of THAT psychic power that the farseer tested for, and onylfor that turn.

watch out for the seer council casting fortune on themselves, giving all fo them 4+ inv saves that can re roll!!

fast vehicles well... i assume u talking about the falcon and the wave serpent, since those can transport, well wat u do is wat someone said...lots and lots of las cannons. a dev squad with 4 in it would do nicely. that can take out on of those tanks a turn.

the cystal targeting matrix, cant really be combated that much or effectivley for that matter unfortunatley. it is a great upgrade. the onyl thing i can thing of is
    indirect fire its arse. so basically a whirlwind. and when that is dead, th whirlwind can be used to take out off those pesky guardians, since they dont get there 5+ cover saves( i assume the warlocks have conceal) from rodance, so a well placed shot, bye bye guardians.

any other questions, im happy to help. i am always happy to help a fellow marine player, but its kinda weird to give advice against my toher amry :o

btw shas o va suam, there is a spelling mistake in yur sig.

death will come form afar. just thought id let u knwo so u can fix it. :blink:
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right so let me get this correct..... A farseer can only cast spells to one unit and no other, correct? and augment only doubles the length of one power in that turn.

Guess its time to get a whirlwind....
    no &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;

well got a couple more questions, which weapons is most effective against eldar in a devastator squad? so far the responses are the use of rocket launchers, and a more general question, can the opponent move the blast template around his squad to wherever they like, just seems fishy that the opponent can just move the template around to whichever unit he wants the blast to cover..... Do blast templates ignore cover save??? and how do u deal with starcannons (aka marine killers)??

sorri about so many questions.....
    8|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorri forgot something.....

wat should i field in a 1500pt army against ulthwe (normal)??

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well do u want the dev squad to kill the tanks of the men? if u want them to kill the tanks, 4 las cannons. if u want them to kill the men then either 4 heavy bolters or plasma cannons.

he can move the template anywhere he wants as long as it covers the same amount of guys or better.

the only thing that ignored cover is a flamer.

to deal with star cannons, mount yur guys in rhinos.

wat to field? maybe 2 whirlwinds, and a dev squad.
    lots of marines. maybe 4 full squads in rhinos. have 1 in each guy carry a flamer. does he have wraithlords?? snipers will hurt it alot.
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread