Terminator Armor on Characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminator Armor on Characters

Can an independent character, Liberian, Chaplin etc, who takes terminator armor deep strike? If they do can, they do so attached to a squad of terminators or do they have to do it alone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that they must do it alone like on a sperate scatter and such but they can the same turn and also in the same area but like i said im pretty sure they cannot join a suqad which is too bad
    There is no such thing as innocence only varrying levels of guilt...

Space Marine army (Black Phoenix)-1400 pts un upgraded
    Tyranid army : postponed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by QwertyMIDX
    Can an independent character, Liberian, Chaplin etc, who takes terminator armor deep strike? If they do can, they do so attached to a squad of terminators or do they have to do it alone?
    They can do either one.

It's just risky to deepstrike lone characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker
    They can do either one.

It's just risky to deepstrike lone characters.
    Yeah, cause you could deepstrike in the wrong area alone or if you have a seperate terminator squad deepstriking you might not get the reserve rolls at same time. Atleast as one unit it's all or nothing. Least those are the things I have noticed. And also yes you can deepstrike them in a unit or seperate like Joker said.

Space Wolves- 4,000 pts
    Tau- 500pts
    Dwarves in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

It's practically a necessity. Terminators will get the crap shot out of them if they try to march it across the board, and your character will too. It's either drop pods or a Land Raider if you want safe travel.

Also, watch out for high-strength template weapons just after dropping in. You'll be all packed up tight and if your opponent has a low-AP, high strength template weapon pointing in your face, you're pretty much ****ed.

Personally, I wouldn't put a HQ in Terminator armour. I'd take the Artificer armour, but there's already a thread for that argument.

And never, ever deepstrike a lone character. He'll get all shot up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Characters may only deepstrike WITH a unit if that unit is a retinue. ALL other times they deepstrike (as per the rules under terminator armor) alone. They roll for reserves separately, and scatter separately. If they end up arriving close enough to a unit you may declare them as joining the unit, since DS is considered moving within 2", if they end up that close.

Just for further clarification, IC/Characters may not join a unit prior to deployment. This does not apply to retinues. So they always check for arrival from reserves separately. That means they may not arrive with a squad in a Rhino (or any other transport) together. If you are lucky and roll for arrival on the same round for both, they may use their movement to join up as per normal movement rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuck, I liked the first set of answers much better. Would deepstriking one to a teleporter homer help? Can you teleport both a unit and an IC to the same teleporter homer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuck, I liked the first set of answers much better.
    Unfortunately my answers are based on the rule from page 84, 'Deepstrike' and 'Reserves'.

Would deepstriking one to a teleporter homer help? Can you teleport both a unit and an IC to the same teleporter homer?
    The problem isn't so much landing on the same spot, but actually arriving on the same round. Since you must roll each entry on the force organization chart separately, it's not likely that any two units (an IC and a squad for example) will arrive on the same round. But to answer your question you can use the homer by both the squad and the IC on the same round if you happen to roll for their arrival.
    Last edited by WolfRaider; May 17th, 2005 at 05:39.

+ Reply to Thread