black templar squads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black templar squads

hey I´m a black templar player and was wondering if I should give the normal tac marines CCW and bolt pistols or just bolters. I have 2 squads of 6 of them with one a lascannon and one a heavy bolter.

and is it worth in points to have 2 10 men strong assault squads with both powerfist in it. or having more rhinos with CCW & bolt pistols men.

Don´t mess with the dicegod

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dead_raider
    hey I´m a black templar player and was wondering if I should give the normal tac marines CCW and bolt pistols or just bolters. I have 2 squads of 6 of them with one a lascannon and one a heavy bolter.
    Depends. You are going to need some type of fire-support with boltguns, but Templars rely on their CC too. If possible (haven't read my codex in a while) stick any heavy weapons in the support squad, and then build a few CC marines to put in the other squad.

Quote Originally Posted by dead_raider
    and is it worth in points to have 2 10 men strong assault squads with both powerfist in it. or having more rhinos with CCW & bolt pistols men.
    The rhinos are going to get you in CC fast, but are real big, and one rocket will kill everything inside it. On the other hand, the assault marines very expensive. If your going one way or the other, I'd take the assault marines, because they take more bullets before they get destroyed but that's just me.
    Last edited by CaptainSarathai; May 19th, 2005 at 15:17.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the many years of playing templars i have realized that u DONT put heavy weapons in templar squads. This is so because A) its not very templar style With templars if they take 1 casualty they will most likely run straight ahead. Second, i find its a good idea to mix and match bolters and bp & ccw in crusader squads...this gives u options..like if u have a genestealer squad coming at you...you can either charge them and get absoulutley owned or stamd their and rapid fire their asses to death...but hey thats just my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Mixing bolters and bolt pistol/CCW Initiates is a good idea. However, I don't think you should look at it as a way to increase options. If half your squad is geared for shooting and half for CC, you'll always have half of it being useless.

That being said, if you're going for a shooting squad you probably should stick to all bolters since you don't want to see CC with these squads. In all fairness, Righteous Zeal will make it hard to stay out of CC. However, a close combat squad can certainly benefit from a few marines with bolters. The idea behind this is that as you advance, you'll take a few casualties. Take these casualties from your bolter marines. If you reach CC with no bolter marines, you'll be just as strong as if you had taken BP/CCW for every Initiate. However, you've had the benefit of some extra firepower as you moved up the field. You need to guess how many will die, and then use that many bolters.

Personally, I like using heavy weapon teams. They'll get yanked around a bit, but it'll probably take at least two turns of taking casualties before you're significantly out of position. By that point you'll want to have closed in on the enemy with your short range squads. Lines of fire and everything will be all kinds of screwed up at that point. I see nothing "unfluffy" about them. If there we no Templars that were willing to pack long ranged heavy weapons, the Black Templars would have been wiped out years ago.

A tricked out assault squad will run you 245 points. A tricked out crusader squad with a Rhino will run you 243 points, or 253 points if you want to give them frag grenades. For (essentially) the same points, I'd rather run the assault squad assuming I had the fast attack slots left open. LSTs are nice, and bike squads are a great place for us to stick some tank busting power, however. Personally, I only run one assault squad because I want room for bikes and LSTs.

+ Reply to Thread