Termies and storm bolters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Termies and storm bolters

Ok first off i have checked and didnt see any posts that solved this question.

I have been told that a storm bolter dosent count as a cc weapon as a bolter does to a character.

1. Is this true imean it is still a 2 handed weapon + a one handed?

2 What about termies (i dont have any so i know little about them) does it count as an aditional cc weapon for them.

3 Is it really worthit to have a storm bolter ona character if this is true then. I wouldn't think so.

Please help i am thinking about some termies as an addition to my army and am debating between a assault or a regular squad. I play mainly chaos and orks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Cudos for using the search function!

now on to your questions:

1) on a regular SM a storm bolter is 2 handed

2) On termies it is a one handed weapon

3) it's only worth having if you want a shooty army...which is generaly not the case for SMs...I'd go with a Bolt Pistol or Plasma Pistol instead

In conclusion, it says all this in your codex...if you have one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a pistol nor is it a close combat weapon so you don't get an extra attack in CC, not even for terminators.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Deek
    I have been told that a storm bolter dosent count as a cc weapon as a bolter does to a character.
    Neither Storm Bolters nor Bolters count as a second close combat weapon.

1. Is this true imean it is still a 2 handed weapon + a one handed?
    Yes, it "technically" is still a two handed weapon althou terminators can fire it and a second weapon (namely the cyclone missile launcher due to its special properties) in the same round.

2 What about termies (i dont have any so i know little about them) does it count as an aditional cc weapon for them.
    It does not count as a second close combat for temrinators.

3 Is it really worthit to have a storm bolter ona character if this is true then. I wouldn't think so.
    No, you should never put a storm bolter on a character. Our characters are our best close combatants and they all but require the second close combat weapon for the extra attack.

Please help i am thinking about some termies as an addition to my army and am debating between a assault or a regular squad. I play mainly chaos and orks.
    Unfortunatelly assualt terminators are not very good. In almost every situation, normal termies are better. First off, assualt squads cant shoot. So if they are walking upt the field that is a lot of rounds of doing nothing. If they deepstrike, they are literally siting ducks during that round as they dont have any weapons to fire. The second problem with them is that as termies can not sweeping advance, units tend to run away from them. Against certain enemies who have low leadership and cant regroup easilly this is often not a problem but when playing against SM or CSM it makes a huge difference. You shoudl never take terminators against orks. Their choppas reduce the terminator save down froma 2+ to a 4+. All of a sudden it is very easy to lose expensive models. If you do intend to bring temries to fight orks, definatelly go with normal termies as you dont want to be in combat with ork mobs.

Cheers Mate!
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi
    3) it's only worth having if you want a shooty army...which is generaly not the case for SMs...I'd go with a Bolt Pistol or Plasma Pistol instead
    Why are Space Marines in your opinion not a shooty army ?
    I see them as allrounders who can be shooty but also have good Hth capabilities...just look at Termies: Very shooty but also excellent in CC. I had a game last Weekend in which my Termies took out a Carnifex....well i was quite a lucky bastard regarding my dicerolls but what counts is that my Termies were abel to take it out with only one Loss.
    and as for being shooty...the next round after i killed the Carnie i chopped up a swarm of symbionts with a massive barrage of Strombolter-, cyclone- and Assaultcannonfire...none survived.

cya

bLACK
    Do not fear the darkness...
    fear that which the darkness conceals !

The Emperors Rangers Space Marine Chapter.

Bugzapp's Bad Boyz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbrynn
    Unfortunatelly assualt terminators are not very good. In almost every situation, normal termies are better. First off, assualt squads cant shoot. So if they are walking upt the field that is a lot of rounds of doing nothing. If they deepstrike, they are literally siting ducks during that round as they dont have any weapons to fire. The second problem with them is that as termies can not sweeping advance, units tend to run away from them. Against certain enemies who have low leadership and cant regroup easilly this is often not a problem but when playing against SM or CSM it makes a huge difference. You shoudl never take terminators against orks. Their choppas reduce the terminator save down froma 2+ to a 4+. All of a sudden it is very easy to lose expensive models. If you do intend to bring temries to fight orks, definatelly go with normal termies as you dont want to be in combat with ork mobs.
    If you use assault termies right then i think they could be just as, if not more, effective than normal termies. Load them into a land raider, unload, assault, kill everything. Take out a whole squad and leave the enemy running from you. This may be a lot of pionts but if you're gunna get termies then at least do as much damage as possible.

I think that when he refered to SM as being non-shooty he was comparing them to other armes, ex: Tau, Necrons.
    ...upon your defeat you retreat to the morgue, for maybe you will find a better life amongst the dead...

+ Reply to Thread