Battling the Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battling the Guard

I am a relative new-comer to 40K, I have fought battles with my friends old 'rines and I now a semi-army of my own Marines. I have about 30 and 2 Razorbacks: 1 Chapter Master with Command Squad, 2 6-Man Tactical Squad mounted in Razorbacks, And a large solid Tactical Squad. The friends I play with all have Guard and I am wonder what would be a great army to challenge that. So far I am thinking of a Terminator squad and 2 Assault squads before I think I can start playing

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against guards the whirlwind is a must.
    when a dreadnought is deepstriking togther with a 10 men tac. squad and teleport homer the guard will have a pain in the ass. if you deepstrike the termies use the teleport homer if your marines land before or at the same time. this way you prevent losing your termies with deepstrike.

a chaplain on bike with 5 other bikes will be hard to kill for the guard and in close combat almost invunreble.

the main rule against guard is get in cc as soon as possible
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also considering the Grey Knights as Allies. I'm guessing that the incinerator would be a good choice against them as well? :confused:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Task_Force_Xerxes
    I am also considering the Grey Knights as Allies. I'm guessing that the incinerator would be a good choice against them as well? :confused:
    Yes. Preferably use a squad of teleporting GKT and put a homer on another squad to make sure they arrive in the right position to let heave.

Reason why you should use GKT? They're even better in combat - very little high-strength or power weapons in melee for Guard - and you have the nemesis power weapons. There's a lot to be said for power weapons that are practically insta-kill. All you have to do is hit them. With three attacks for every GKT, you'll be ripping them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Task_Force_Xerxes
    Yes. Preferably use a squad of teleporting GKT and put a homer on another squad to make sure they arrive in the right position to let heave.

Reason why you should use GKT? They're even better in combat - very little high-strength or power weapons in melee for Guard - and you have the nemesis power weapons. There's a lot to be said for power weapons that are practically insta-kill. All you have to do is hit them. With three attacks for every GKT, you'll be ripping them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an assault squad packing flamers wouldn't be a terrible addition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

SM vs. Imperial Guard?

Charge 'em!

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright! Thanks for the help guys, just got 2 GKT and GK Sergent in PA. Picking up termies and assault squad today, I'll put that flamer advice to good use!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant belive im admitting this but i havent seen the new SM codex yet.....but i do have a guard army and I had a 3ed SM army....a whirlwind will do wonders for you against guard....also the deep striking dread will give a guard player a heart attack...ohh and if want to gamble a little a vet squad in a LRC can be VERY nasty( you can still assault in the same turn off a LR right?) although a little too points heavy in anything under 2000pts

+ Reply to Thread