Building a Dark Angel Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building a Dark Angel Army

Hi im kinda new and im building a DA army only got the units from the basic set.
    What Units should i invist in 2 get a bad ass army ?
    plz help me out

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there mate! im a darkangels and ultramarine player myself so welcome to the marines. Firstly your going to need a hq unit to lead your army. I would advise a master of sanctity chaplain with terminator honours, and a jump pack. Stick him in an assault squad and you have a highly mobile, close combat unit that will kick ass thanks to the chaplains abilities. DA are mostly considered as a shooty army and the DA tactical box set is great because it includes a plasma cannon (my fav weapon).

Tactical squads will provide the bulk of your troops. Placing a heavy weapon in the squad will give them some serious punch but limit their manouvourability. vice versa, assault weapons will allow the squad to move, but doesnt provide the same sort of firepower. I generally leave the serious firepower to tanks and devastator squads.

so... to answer your question i would aim to get
    1) hq unit
    2) 2/3 marines with heavy weapons that you can mix and match within your tactical squad
    3) 2/3 assault weapons
    4) possibly some armoured support in the way of a predator

any more pointers and i will be only to happy to help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Speaking as someone who has been pounded on 2 occasions by Dark Angel players.... Plasma cannons are your friends. But if you take 6 tactical squads w/ 6 plasma cannons, then take a devastator squad w/ 4 plasma cannons... its a little much. Please be kind

However, definitely buy at least 3 tactical squads, and use them frequently. Always use chaplains b/c they get litanies of hate and the DA one's are some of the best models with their robes and symbols.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool =)

ive just bought

Scout Squad.
    Grand Master Azrael.
    Tactical Aquad.
    Predator should i make it a Annihilator or Destructor ?
    Whirlwind and should i use Castellan or vengeance missiles ?

and ive ordered 1x assault squad and 1x Land speeder
    and im getting 1x Libirian 1x techmarine 1x devastator group + 2x Terminators with mail today.

is this ok or have i made a big mistake ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There ae some good units in there, firstly i would configure your predator to have a twin link lascannon and two side lascannons this will give you some much needed anti armour fire power.

With devastator squads my personal preference is to make all the heavy weapons of the same type and to assign them a role eg 4 heavy bolters - anti infantry. 2 missile launchers, 2 lascannons - anti armour, so think about what you want them to do for you.

The whirlwind is a great unit, its cheap and it can sit in cover and pound the enemy, the mine missiles (think its castellan) are very good at restricting the movement of the enemy and getting them to go where you want them to go.

Assault squads are always good, especially with a chaplain and vet sergeant with power fist

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Land Speeders always come in handy, especially the assault cannon H.Bolter Variants, as the list you have may find it lack mobility, and hidden artilery coud ruin your day, answer, hunt them with Speeders!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If agree with what has been said already.But i would not include a Techmarine as they arent that useful IMO.Yeah Land speeders are cool.I wouldnt hve also ordered those 2 termies unless you plan to include another 3 to make a full squad.Go with lots of Plasma(goes with fluff and it very powerful).Devastator squads are cool.If you want a very cool DA fluffy Dev squad go with all Plasma cannons,or go with 2 Missile Launchers and 2 Lascannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only thing with Plasma Cannon Dev squads is at a hideous price tag you will blow your own men up, and its pricey to do.
    Theres a guy at our gaming group whos long fangs dont even get fired on, we just wait for him to kill himself, of course he is v.unlucky with plasma. Your going to lose 1 or 2 from over heats on average, and its like free victory points, course you will also have rounds where entire tac squads evaporate under your fire, not for the faint hearted, maybe im a coward, a tac plasma gunner i can handle losing but double that for a plasma dev i cant.
    Stick with the more reliable missile launchers and lascannon and leave the infantry popping to other elements of your force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by NighTShaDe82
    Cool =)

ive just bought

Scout Squad.
    Grand Master Azrael.
    Tactical Aquad.
    Predator should i make it a Annihilator or Destructor ?
    Whirlwind and should i use Castellan or vengeance missiles ?

and ive ordered 1x assault squad and 1x Land speeder
    and im getting 1x Libirian 1x techmarine 1x devastator group + 2x Terminators with mail today.

is this ok or have i made a big mistake ?
    Do you mean two terminator squads or two termnators?

With those models, you won't be able to field Azrael, because you need (points deleted) points worth of models in the army to use him. I got him after getting a tactical squad, Land Speeder, and combat squad. I was upset that I couldn't use him for like a year.

I like to use three Land Speeders and the Master of the Ravenwing. Awesome combo.

For my tactical squads, I like to take seven guys with a Plasma cannon and a plasma gun. With the Intractable rule, they mae great shooting squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a bit stupid wuestion. How Intractable rule works? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast