Whirlwind Tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone
    does anyone in the forum have a whirlwind? if u do, can u help me with effectively guessing the range of the shooting, seem to always miss by that little bit.....

and a side question.... is fielding a whirlwind in a 500pt army cheap??
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not at all. its the perfect heavy shoice for that small of a game since it is cheap in points

well think of something u know that is 12 inches, well not that somethign else. for example. my shoe size is a 15, so i knwo that it is about 12 inches. when i guess i look at my foot and imagine my foot on the table and make an estimate from there. u will get btter in time.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

notice land marks and their distances when you fire and use that to calibrate your shot
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good way to calcultae distances is by using trigonometry. To get the most accurate legs in the triangle you guess the distance from the table edge and to the target and subtrac /add it relativly to the place ment of the Whirlwind. The same is done with the Whirlwind itself

Take a look here for what I mean. The "W" is the Whirlwind and the "T" is the target. The distances you need to know is the green ones (marked h1 and h2) To find out these you need to know the size of the field, which shouldn&#39;t be a problem finding out before the game. Now just guess the distances marked in red and subtract them from the appropriate table length. After this is done you will have to distances the h1 and the h2. Now just calculate the "k" (blue one) using the Pythagorean Theorem (not sure if this is the correct term)
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use your other measuring to help hone your guess work.

You relly have to have an eye for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<_< It&#39;s also practice.. In your free time you might whanna set up your whirlwind and like 3 squads in different areas of your playing area.. then just guess three times (One for each sqaud) and then re set up the squads and whirlwind.. You&#39;ll get the hand of it.. And you&#39;ll get the eye for it... So you can give a educated guess when your playing for real. It works for me.. :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok this is cheap but hey it works if you hav a land speeder by your whirly measure around to see where your ls can move wen realy measuring your whirly distance it not that odvius unless you make a point of it which i usualy do to annoy my opponents <:>
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get a 12" necklace when your guessing take it of and inconpicolesly wave it around not very hounerable but works 8|
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/henry4.gif&quot;
    align=left&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/index.html&quot;&gt;
    I adopted a cute lil&#39; pilgrim fetus
    from Fetusmart&#33; Hooray fetus&#33; &lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always purposly miss with my whirwind on the first turn just to see how far everything is away and if it does hit added bonus .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another way is to use 2 whirlwinds and measur on the first one and nail it on the second . not very sportmen like but its won me a couple games

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast