Deathwatch !? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deathwatch !?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathwatch !?

Ok a couple of guys might know i wanted to start a space marine army and now thinking about it deathwatch is probably the best thing. Its not realy an army but more of a kill team so i dont need to many points so thats cool cause i could always conscript them into my gaurd army. So now you know what i am collecting i would like to thank you all for helping me but i do have one more qestion what coulour are the deathwatch ?.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

You best really buy yourself a copy of WD: 306 then, since it has their rules in it, as well as their colours.

But yes. Black Armour, though the left arm is silver, and a dark red colour for weapons.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

And remember the original chapter insignia.. A marine can't paint over that because apparently it would offend the machine spirit of the armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

The Deathwatch armor is black with the left shoulder pad (special Deathwatch shoulder pads available for purchase from Forgeworld) and arm silver and the right shoulder pad whatever SM chapter the marine came from. A picture of a Deathwatch SM can be found in the Index Astartes and possibly at the GW website.

Hope that helped...

Sincerely,

The Wookie
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres a question slightly related to this. If a blood angel player wanted to have death watch in their ranks, and wanted a few of them to have come from the blood angels in the first place, what would the rules be?

no blood angel can truely be rid of the black rage, and even the most powerful will succumbs to it sometimes (i.e. mephiston). So death watch training could not eliminate the black rage...so what rules do the blood angel death watch members follow? do they have furious charge? or do you count them as just another death watch veteran (which goes against the fluff)?
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are members of a army other than the blood angels then they would follow the rules for deathwatch and ignore their rage. This is because no crazy marine that charges at anything would be allowed into a stealth oriented force. They would only take those that have alot of control over their rage, this would mean that they would have to be younger and less experienced so they wouldn't see as much action as the rest of the Death Watch. So in short you can take the blood angels in the death watch but because of their fighting stlye the Ordo wouldn't take any that were out of control alot. Therefore you would ignore the rage.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i have WD 306,omg the death watch realy did F up the nids in that battle report didnt they, i just thought that was maby a guy home made death watch colours. Anyway thanx again fro all the info guys u realy do help out and i will be geting thoughs forge world shoulders in any day now . Just one more thing wah t do you guys think of this little kill team. No names yet as usual .

The commander of the team i will be using the vetran ultramarine captain and convert him alittle.

The librarian will be from the blood raven chapter with slight conversions not alot.

I will also through a terminator in the squad as alittle bodyguard for the commander ,this one i wont be converting because i will probably be to worn out and bored by this point. He will be from the black templat chapter.

The rest of the team will just be noraml marines with some weapon differences suck as heavy bolter flamer plasam gun ect. Im planing to give one of them a sniper rifle or some sort of long range weapon,i think this goes against the fluff for a space marine to use a sniper but its a kill team got to have some sort of differences.

So what do you guys think,be harsh if you have to be .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well...um...theres is no such thing as a blood angel who has little to no rage...it effects them all at some point considering its in their blood. They can no more escape it than a monkey can escape being hairy. Hence the blood angel death watch members will be effected by the rage. So what rules do we use. Arrrghh
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    well...um...theres is no such thing as a blood angel who has little to no rage...it effects them all at some point considering its in their blood. They can no more escape it than a monkey can escape being hairy. Hence the blood angel death watch members will be effected by the rage. So what rules do we use. Arrrghh
    You use the deathwatch rules.. This was covered very clearly in the original chapter approved article. Maybe they missed it out in the new ones due to space?

Fluffwise, deathwatch can be from any chapter you want, and you might want to play this by making the cc member a blood angel etc. However, since they're all highly disciplined, trained to utter perfection and monitored by the inquisition, the deathwatch will not use any chapter specific special rules when they're fielded in a kill team.

When they're fielded serving within their normal chapters, they use chapter rules, because they're not being monitored or disciplined in quite the same way.

So no making cheese teams using the special rules of a bunch of different chapters.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 3rd, 2005 at 19:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Deathwatch would be pretty cool if youre playing in a smallish campaign, but because of their nature, they dont have a very big basis like a normal chapter. As a result, you dont really have alot of expansion room in terms of points or weapon availability. As far as i can tell, they dont usually fight alongside the other chapters either, more focused on finishing off the missions assigned to them by the Ordo Xenos. Probably a good thing though that the Deathwatch rules trump army special rules. I'd hate to see a group of Deathwatch in which some of them had blood rage (BA), some had true grit or beserk charge (SW), and some that could take vows and such (BT). Some of the special rules for the chapters out there would just make them WAY too broken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast