Librarium Online Forums banner

Psychic Hood

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ostsol 
#1 ·
Does the Psychic hood block all psychic powers, or just powers used against the Librarian?

#2 ·
Any psychic power that your enemy uses, regardless of LOS, what model he targets (his own or yours), or any other factor aside from the librarien being dead can be countered by the psychic hood. It does not need line of sight nor is there any range requirments for it. Basically, your librarien feels his enemy drawing on the warp and uses his own to keep the warp back.

So, every single time your oponent uses a psychic power, you may counter with the hood.

Cheers Mate!
Chaosbrynn

#5 ·
Half the price? The psychic hood comes with the librarien for free. ;)

#7 ·
Tycho said:
hahaha yep thats right we get it for free,it comes standard with the librarian.And yes it nullifies ALL psychic powers that are used on the board if you beat your opponent with a roll off.
Unless the power doesn't need to make a psychic test, that is. . .

#8 ·
Ostsol said:
Unless the power doesn't need to make a psychic test, that is. . .
Except...you know...I'm pretty sure they all do. And I think you can block it even if they don't make a test. No reason why you can't.

#10 ·
Actually, Ze, I think that Ork Wyrdboy powers are uneffected by the Anti-Psycher Hoodie, since they don't require said psychic test. Just a test to see if your head might explode...
I'll have to hunt around the article on ferals, but I seem to recall them stating that they're exempt. I'll update this if I manage to find what I'm looking for.

#12 ·
ze_poodle said:
Except...you know...I'm pretty sure they all do. And I think you can block it even if they don't make a test. No reason why you can't.
Sure there is! :) Psychic Hood takes effect after the psychic test has been made. However, if no test is necessary then there's no time for the Hood to do anything. It would be a different matter if the tests were automatically passed, but pass or fail is irrelevant if the tests are ignored entirely. Also, various FAQs and codices specifically state that certain psychic abilities are not affected. Eldar Warlock powers and most Tyranid Hive Mind powers are such cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.