which assassin? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which assassin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which assassin?

which assassin is best for what roles??

i understand the vindicare to take heavy weps out and certain ppl in squads but i dunno about the other 3 wut r thier roles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Member Grand Master Saiyan Sanguine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicare: Sniper. Designed to sit back and take out the most ominous threat.
    -Spy Mask- reduces cover saves by -1 (a 5+ cover save becomes a 6+)
    -Stealth suit- anyone shooting at the vindicare has to use night fighting rules.
    -Marksman- may target ANY model within range and LoS. You get to choose the model taken off the table

Culexus: Designed to take out enemy psykers. Can target any psyker with shooting attacks.
    -Any model(friend or foe) within 12 inches counts as having a leadership of 7 unless it was normall lower than 7.
    -Psykers using powers to target the Culexus must pass a leadership test first.
    -Psyk-Out Grenades- only useful against psykers. Range 6". Roll to hit, enemy must pass leadership test on a 2D6. For each point he fails the test he loses a wound. (Ld7, rolls a 9, loses 2 wounds).

Callidius: Arguable the most able assassin of the 4. C'tan phase sword allows NO saves whatsoever.
    -Placed in reserve, can move and fight in the same turn.
    -Poison blades. After all attackes are resolved, she may make an extra attack with her poison blades, always wounding on a 4+.
    -Can disengage from CC. On a roll of 1 she fails to disengage. On a 2+ she moves that many inches away from combat.

Eversor: CC maniac. Blows up when killed uses the blast marker. Any model touched by the marker takes an automatic S5 hit, saves allowed.
    -Never counts as moving when firing his combi-pistol (needle/bolt).
    -Can charge 12" in the assualt phase (twice the dice roll on difficult terrain). Gains D6 attacks in cc not the usual 1+.
    -Power weapon/meltabombs.

I couldn't remember everything but this is 99% of the stuff off the top of my head. Good luck in your battles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i have the codex and all but what is each most effective at doing like role wise during the game??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Vindicare: Remove heavy weapons/invisible power weapons from squads. NOT for killing HQs/Elites/Vehicles.

Callidus: Suprise & killing HQ/Elite models. Excels at killing Troops as well, but I prefer to toss her up against the biggest baddies. At the least she'll occupy them for a while.

Eversor: My favorite, an absolute lawnmower vs Troops. With the long charge and the huge (potential) number of attacks, throw him at any large enemy units that worry you. Not the best vs HQs/Elites.

Culexus: Good vs psyker-heavy armies (basically, some Eldar lists). Not too effective against anything else really, unless you cater your list to include as many psykers as possible (which increases how many shots the Culexus can make).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assassins

My favorite and the one i field in my assault heavy army is the eversor assassin. If you like cutting the guardsmen and tau down in the droves this is the one best for you. It is also great for killing marines in power armor, 10 possible attacks and a power weapon.
    The other ones are good to, use the sniper to fight agianst the enemys power characters or characters which are a threat to your army.Spec weapons, characters, etc.
    The culexues assassin is good agianst psykers and at times really good agianst tyranids,
    The last of the assassins although it is liked by others i really find it no good, the best thing about it is that it is really versitile.
    good luck

godfather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks megalo thats what i was looking for

my favorite of them is the vindicare just cause choosing which modle to remove is crucial in most games

althought ive never used the eversor because the GK are so cc heavy already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicare is useful tactically but will have trouble reaping their points total. You will average about 3.5 kills a game with him, and its not very frequent that you can get 110 points with those kills.

Eversor is amazingly potent for how cheap he is. and he also stands as one of the only units in the game that can just absolutely trash a Wraithlord in h2h combat, he is a must have if you are playing against a competetive eldar player.

Callidus is super handy for disrupting his battle line, you can move one unit out of position, and then use the neural shredder to disrupt tanks/transports, or tie up a valuable heavy weapon unit.

Culexus is never worth taking under any circumstance. Even against an eldar player with a full seer council, the Eversor is more valuable to eat up at least one wraithlord, possibly two.

Callidus is my favorite, followed by the Eversor. When i first started playing 3rd, I fielded the Vindicare in almost every battle, but he consistently was unable to match the tactical advantage a Callidus gives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

The vindicare is not meant to "reap their points back," that's not the point of them and if that's how you look at it then "shame on you!" The vindicare is meant to pick out certain models. EX. Say you're playing a Dark Angels person roughly 1500₧, every tactical squad has a plasma cannon that devestates your troops, what do you know you're assassin needs a 2 and a 2+ or 4+ (pending on what shot is used) and you pick out the plasma cannon, BAM!, you just rendered that squad useless 36" away. OR against a nasty Daemon Prince, you shoot the no invul. saves and he's rolling a 4+ feel no pain or takes an auto wound if he doesn't have that on him. OR (again) against the biggest nasty of them all...the Nightbringer...you need a 2+ and a 4+ and he takes a wound and since he won't reach you for about 2-3 turns (moving 6") you can soften him up alot so that your squads can finish the job, now rendering a DA plasma squad useless = about 105₧, taking out a Nightbring = 360₧, and taking out a suped up DP = 205₧. Unless the vindicare costs over 300₧ I think it "reaped" its points back. Now if you are playing someone where they have nothing like this well then you don't take a vindi but who doesn't now-adays?

P.S.- Vindicare gets 3d6 against the Monolith, only model/unit that gets more than 1d6 (says so in Necron FAQ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow my roomate at college plays necrons and he doesnt want to feel cheesy so he wont feild 2x monliths on me but vindicares gets 3d6 vs a monolith damn!!!!!

i need to get a vindi asap so i can start picking them off

oh and are destroyers easy for him to take down too???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emp.
    The vindicare is not meant to "reap their points back," that's not the point of them and if that's how you look at it then "shame on you!" The vindicare is meant to pick out certain models. EX. Say you're playing a Dark Angels person roughly 1500₧, every tactical squad has a plasma cannon that devestates your troops, what do you know you're assassin needs a 2 and a 2+ or 4+ (pending on what shot is used) and you pick out the plasma cannon, BAM!, you just rendered that squad useless 36" away. OR against a nasty Daemon Prince, you shoot the no invul. saves and he's rolling a 4+ feel no pain or takes an auto wound if he doesn't have that on him. OR (again) against the biggest nasty of them all...the Nightbringer...you need a 2+ and a 4+ and he takes a wound and since he won't reach you for about 2-3 turns (moving 6") you can soften him up alot so that your squads can finish the job, now rendering a DA plasma squad useless = about 105₧, taking out a Nightbring = 360₧, and taking out a suped up DP = 205₧. Unless the vindicare costs over 300₧ I think it "reaped" its points back. Now if you are playing someone where they have nothing like this well then you don't take a vindi but who doesn't now-adays?

P.S.- Vindicare gets 3d6 against the Monolith, only model/unit that gets more than 1d6 (says so in Necron FAQ).

So in other words, you agree with everything I said. Because not a single thing you said contradicts me...there are very specific situations where a Vindicare can recover the points you spent on him and you listed them. The Eversor and Callidus are both fairly capable of recovering the points spent on them no matter what army they go against.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast