tips for my 1000 pt army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tips for my 1000 pt army

I'd like some advice for my 1000 pt army. I'd like some general tips and tricks as well as what units will help me against a Chaos Space Marines army of about the same points that has a Demon Prince. Now, on with the Army List:

HQ: Canoness with Cloak of St. Aspiria, Book of St. Lucius, Litanies of faith, plasma pistol, CCW (111 points)

Troops 1: 7 x Battle Sister with Bolter, 1 x Battle Sister with Flamer, 1 x Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Vet Sister Superior with plasma pistol and CCW (157 points)

Troops 2: 7 x Battle Sister with Bolter, 1 x Battle Sister with Flamer, 1 x Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Vet Sister Superior with plasma pistol and CCW (157 points)

Fast Attack: 2 x Seraphim with Bolt pistols, 2 x Seraphim with Hand Flamers, Vet Sister Superior with plasma pistol and CCW Everyone with jump packs, frag and krak grenades. (150 points)

Heavy Support 1: Immolator with Holy Promethium (75 points)

Heavy Support 2: Exorcist with Extra Armor (140 points)

Heavy Support 3: Retributor Squad: 4 x Battle Sister with Heavy Bolter, Vet Sister Superior with Storm Bolter and Purity Seals, mounted in Immolator (209 points)

6 Faith Points

I'm not sure whether I need a seperate Immolator for the Retributor Squad or if I can put em in my 90 points Immolator and just have to pay 65 points. I looked at the codex but it wasnt clear. Hopefuly someone else can clear this up. Anyone who helps me and/or gives me advice wins the following: my heartfelt thanks and the delight and satisfaction that only can be found from giving someone a helping hand or by stomping witches, mutants, and heretics. I await your advice!

Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you buy an Immolator as a heavy support choice, you cna put whatever unit will fit in it inside. It doesn't cost you any extra points for the Ret. to use it. The points cost listed in the Ret entry is to buy another Imm just for their use.

Unless you just want the extra firepower, I wouldn't bother with a transport for the Ret squad. They need to remain stationary to fire.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

Even if you would buy the immolator as transport for the retributors, you'd still have to pay the 90 opoints for it. the 65 are for the 'basic' immolator, you'll still have to pay for the upgrades.

One piece of advice though: consider more anti-tank power, like meltaguns in your sister squads. That one exorcist isn't going to survive very long...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help!

Thanks! Now I've got an extra 65 points to play around with. Maybe I'll get some melta bombs for my seraphim squad and get an Imagifier for my Retributor Squad.
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meltas

Yeah some anti-vehicle stuff would be good. I'll pick up some meltas and multi-meltas soon. Then I'll be able to make things difficult should I face an opponent with lots of vehicles or other heavily armored units.
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Troops 1: 7 x Battle Sister with Bolter, 1 x Battle Sister with Flamer, 1 x Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Vet Sister Superior with plasma pistol and CCW (157 points)
    I would suggest putting flamers in this squad. the reason is because as ground pounders they will ether get into CC before they can use there flamers or they will be forever out of range when going against a good opponent. ether drop the flamers and switch in meltas or add in a rhino with the standard upgrades (smoke launcher, extra armor) so they can get in a little closer to use the flamers correctly. the drive by shooting attack combined with divine guidance can really hurt a squad but the rhino is pretty much the only way you'll get close enough to hurt someone.

HQ: Canoness with Cloak of St. Aspiria, Book of St. Lucius, Litanies of faith, plasma pistol, CCW (111 points)
    if it were me id drop the plasma pistol for an inferno pistol. it doesnt over heat, is the same price from what I remember and can really lay the hurt on tanks.

I'm not sure whether I need a seperate Immolator for the Retributor Squad or if I can put em in my 90 points Immolator and just have to pay 65 points. I looked at the codex but it wasnt clear. Hopefuly someone else can clear this up. Anyone who helps me and/or gives me advice wins the following: my heartfelt thanks and the delight and satisfaction that only can be found from giving someone a helping hand or by stomping witches, mutants, and heretics. I await your advice!
    One can buy an immolator for a squad as an upgrade in the same way one buys a rhino transport. it counts as whatever the squad does on the force org chart and is indeed part of the squad. it is so much a part of that squad in fact no one but that squad may ride in it. "sorry guys I know where being overun by the ravenous hordes of chaos and that the squad I normally truck around is dead i still cant give you guys a ride out of here. its in the drivers hand book." if though instead you buy an immolator and let it take up its own heavy support slot, it may truck around anybody that can fit inside and is not limited to whom it may carry. the point cost listed in the retributers squad for there immolator is for the squad upgrade and does not need to be paid if they decide to ride in with the separate heavy support choice one. not that there is any reason to move the squad on a regular basis as then they cant use there heavy bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it were me id drop the plasma pistol for an inferno pistol. it doesnt over heat, is the same price from what I remember and can really lay the hurt on tanks.
    Well yes, but the plasma pistol has TWICE the range. I would feel uncomfortable with only 6 inches of range (and i'd have to get within 3 inches to get the extra AP) Maybe I'm out of my mind, but that doesn't strike me as a fair trade off.
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

In my Sisters army the "standard" special weapon chosen is the melta. Therefore you'll often see my Battle Squads sporting two meltas. (And four meltas in my Dominion squad: its a great dreadnought buster )

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest using the points to bulk up the rets or seraphim. At 5 models the units are too fragile. Marines can pull it off as they always rally, 3 casualties and they could be history, plus 5 seraphim will struggle to dent all but the lightest opposition. Also the 2nd cas on the rets costs you a H. Bolter and since its your only long range infantry support, they will take fire. Sisters even with power armour cant take it as well as a marine and need more shielding.
    Drop the other to get points if necessary, you could probably even add 10 sisters with boltguns with a vet, its always a surprise when the unupgraded squad get divine guidance and hoses half a squad plus at just over 100 points its a steal, the vet isn't even that essential, plus it increases the bodies which you need.
    Ask not a question of the eldar, for they will give you three answers all of which are true and horrifying to know.

+ Reply to Thread