Using WH Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using WH Allies

California, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

SoB Allies- effective?

Okay, so I've decided that I want to use WH allies in my guard army, partly because of fluff possibilities, partly because of increased variety, and mostly because their just plain cool. I was wondering how many of you guys have used WH allies to good effect and what units/tactics are usefull for them. I was thinking of using a heroine + bodyguard and/or troop sister squads as a breakwater in front of my gunline (as opposed to the 68 pt sacrifice squad) possibly up with a demo/HH pair. As I see it, this would give me a front line that can actually withstand an initial charge (and with the canoness/celestians actually stand a fair shot at winning) while not seriously limiting my firepower, as they can shoulder a good part of my anti-troop firepower. Meanwhile my guardsmen and a LRBT or two can focus on the heavy lifting . Additionally, seraphim could serve as a vastly more capable objective-claimer than the usual ST squad. Another question: has anybody used immolators well in a combined army? The model is IMO one of the coolest vehicles in the game (behind the exorcist, damn no heavy support allies!) but the stats leave me questioning their effectiveness. Any advice regarding usage and loadouts would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading all this and any advice given will be accepted with the highest gratitude!

Last edited by Rhodeta; June 11th, 2005 at 20:39.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    but it rocks absolutely, too!

+ Reply to Thread