What Doctrines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What Doctrines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have a plastic catachan army because they were cheepest but i don't like their doctrines so i am changing to a Cadian army. However i do not like their doctrines either.

I am going with this so far but am not totally sure yet. Which do u think are best and which i should use for a shooty army.

1) Sharpshooter
    2) Drop Troops
    3) Ogryn Squads
    4) Grenadiers
    5) Undecided

And if i have drop troops can the grenadiers deep strike because it says they can't but on the drop troop description it says and gaurd unit can? Which overides the other?

Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend put in two anti tank squads with three lascannons each in his Command Platoon with SharpShooter. Damned annoying if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Grenadiers Deep Striking/Infiltrating, they cannot. This is a direct quote from the FAQ for the new Codex, found on the GW site.

"Q. If you take the Grenadiers Doctrine, they cannot Deep Strike or Infiltrate. But what if you take "Drop Troops" or "Light Infantry?" Can these abilities be bought back?

A: No, Grenadiers are not listed as Guard Infantry, and therefore cannot be upgraded by a Doctrine, thier particular training is listed in their profiles."

So there you have it, use the Stormtrooper profile and abilities for Grenadiers, only taking out the Infiltrate and/or Deep Striking.

As for making a shooty Guard army, the only Doctrine that will help is the Sharpshooters. The rest is up to the models you use. Get some tanks if you want to shoot stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you cant decide what Doctrine to use just take Close Order Drill
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going for a drop troop shooty army, I would definitely take Special Weapons Squads. They provide some nice firepower, and can take a weapon feared throughout the galaxy: the Demolition Charge! Since it's a special weapon, it can even be used the turn you drop in. Plus, having a couple of extra meltaguns or flamers or whatever else you prefer can't hurt.

Closed Thread