How do you show Terminator Honours? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you show Terminator Honours?

I don't really know how to be honest. I think it is the spotted shoulder pad but I am not sure.

Also how can I give my sarge a powerfist, I may end up using an old terminator power fist I never used to represent both :p but would that work or would he be classed wearing termie armour?

Thanks for any anwsers I may recieve

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

gamesondemand

well i dont know how the older termie models powerfists were in terms of size, but the new ones are gigantic compared to the ones used by "normal" space marines. it would be weird looking for the newer big ones to be on the small (relatively) bodies. sorry if i didnt answer your main questions or any for that matter :p , but now hopefully people with the answers will answer ^_^

edit:
    i have the answer straight from wolfkin's mouth (so to speak)
    Terminator Honours is represented by the shoulder pad with the Terminator badge (Crux Terminatus) on it. It is that symbol which shows him to have the honours.
    Last edited by gamesondemand; June 11th, 2005 at 23:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to start with terminator honours can be represented by a small marking on a shoulder pad, or a different colour shoulder pad even, the mark can be anything.

As for power fists, you don't need to be a terminator to use one, so equipping your sarge with one is fine, he doesn't count as terminator or anything rogue like that.

As for modelling, use whatever, power fists are bilky anyway so don't sweat about using an old terminator arm, but you can buy the bits seperatly via the GW website or failing that, space wolf box sets have lots of useful special equipment to use with your other squads, (meltaguns power fists power weapons etc)
    "Ah.. i'm almost done with these 3rd quater spreadsheets and still no sign of.."
    "What, is up, my dog?"
    "Ughhh I'm not your dog"
    "Waterman, you crack me up! that's why you're my D-O-G-E"
    "Your Doge? What are you talking about? I'm Strong Bad Waterman works in retial shipping resources"
    "Ah-ha Good one waterman, I mean good one MY DOG"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

In the Space Marine Captain box there are several shoulder pads including one with a skull and crux terminatus look-alike symbol, I would say that works pretty well.
    Few people seem to take issue with WYSIWYG for terminator honours especialy if you just tell them.

The box I mentioned previously contains a powerfist among other bits and pieces and is completely worthwhile. Terminator arms on normal Marines would look plain weird.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

The answer, quite simply, is to add a Crux Terminatus symbol to his shoulder pad (such as the one in the SM Commander box)

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Purity seals, they look like little medals and you get a whole bunch of them in each tac squad sprue. Put a couple on his shoulder or weapon or something.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

gamesondemand

does nobody read the posts after the first one? because it seems that everyone repeats the same thing, just their version of it. @wolfkin: i quoted you on this and yet you did not seem to see it even though mine was the second reply. i have seen this happen on several different posts... it seems as though this is one of those posts where you just post just to post and it doesnt seem to be any thought involved besides looking at the first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by gamesondemand
    @wolfkin: i quoted you on this and yet you did not seem to see it even though mine was the second reply.
    Well, I'll offer a half apology for not noticing your quote.

Why half? because I cannot remember every single word I write on these forums just by looking at them, if I could it would be great.

Also, usually when quoting someone you will add their name, to show who you are quoting. Given that my name was not on the quote I didn't give it the attention I might otherwise have done.

So, perhaps I should have been more attentive, but perhaps next time you might name the person you're quoting

Quote Originally Posted by gamesondemand
    it seems as though this is one of those posts where you just post just to post.
    Was that aimed at me? I never "post just to post". I am a moderator and it's part of my task to help people. As such, I try and answer questions that people ask, which is what these forums are here for. Now if that help duplicates something someone else has said, then it just helps reinfoce the reply. Even if it wasn't aimed at me there was no need to say it.

Looking at it another way, it could be assumed that you want to be the only person to give the answer, and if anyone else gives the same answer you don't like it.

So now, Chill out and help people in the way I've seen you do in the past and don't worry about whether others give the same answer or not eh?

As a final thought, I'm sure if I search all your posts you will be guilty of repeating someone at some point!

Wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

gamesondemand

haha ok ok i got the point. it was kinda pent up frustration at the stupid people in DoW who rush in games with titles that clearly state NO RUSH!!! and people who are not noobs but go into rooms that say NOOBS ONLY!
    oh and the second part wasnt aimed at you... it just seemed like lots of repitition after the third or fourth post. and of course i have no problem with anyone else giving the answer, just please read through what other people have posted after the first one so that nothing is repeated. if all you have in your post is a repeat of someone elses it sometimes gets annoying when you are looking for a different answer. and ok fine i'll go to sleep now... need my rest to chill out tomorow :cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sithjack
    Purity seals, they look like little medals and you get a whole bunch of them in each tac squad sprue. Put a couple on his shoulder or weapon or something.
    Purity seals are purity seals, not terminator honours. They even have their own wargear entry.
    Terminator honours can, as said, be represented with an apropriate shoulder pad or with the little crux terminatus "medal". There's one of those in the command squad box so I would be surprised if there isn't one in the commander box as well. It could also be painted straight onto the armour (shown to the left here) in a pinch.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast