Hq Toughness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hq Toughness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to have a bit of a problem with people insta-killing my HQ units. Having to use the Vanilla rules (custom chapter) means all my HQ choices have a toughness of 4, whereas all the HQ I am up against seem to have 5 or more :/

Any ideas what I can do to stop this? I've used Iron Halo, and taken a retinue with me at times, but it always seems that my Force Commander with 3 Wounds doesn't get to use them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting him on a bike can help lower the amount of successful wounds inflicted.
    I like chaplains for their lower cost and free 4+ Inv. and power weapon. (since they have only 2 wounds, I would take 2 of them) Both bikes and Jump Packs help get them into CC sooner where Insta-Kills are less likely (in most cases), and their 4 or more attacks kick ass...... :rolleyes:

Hope that helps.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, bikes, not bad, forgot they gave +1 Toughness...

Any other ideas? i.e Wargear? I've got some really nice HQ models, and I don't wanna get rid of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant think of any wargear, other then the bike, that would raise toughness. But suppossably (??) GW is releasing a new SM codex which might have something.

Also, it is too bad you are using your own chapter because the Sons of Anteaus chapter has a special rule where everybody has +1 toughness for very few points per model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although the bike adds +1 toughness, The toughness in regards to insta kills for a SM character is still 4.

How is your Commander getting Insta killed with a retinue?

If you are really having a problem with him getting fragged, don't put him in the front of the army where everyone and their mother can shoot him. Put a couple of squads in front of him... Then they have to go through the other squads to get to him.
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brain365@Oct 25 2003, 11:58
    . But suppossably (??) GW is releasing a new SM codex which might have something.

REALLY? WHEN>?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Milkshake@Oct 25 2003, 10:38
    Mmm, bikes, not bad, forgot they gave +1 Toughness...

Any other ideas? i.e Wargear? I've got some really nice HQ models, and I don't wanna get rid of them...
    Wargear that adds toughness isn't counted for 2xt strength weapons. Exceptions to this rule apply, and are listed in the codexes/FAQs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's usually the spooky Chaos HtH weapons that get me killed all the time, *****es me off.

I don't usually give my commander a retinue, but I'll play around with it a bit. I usually prefer to spend my points elsewhere. Will see what I can do.

Thanks for the advice guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not sure when it will be released if it is real, try the rumors for more information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brain365@Oct 25 2003, 11:58
    Also, it is too bad you are using your own chapter because the Sons of Anteaus chapter has a special rule where everybody has +1 toughness for very few points per model.
    Hmmm, never heard of 'em.... you know any place where I could find out more about them?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast