Scout Bikers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scout Bikers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scout Bikers

I've heard several "yays" and several "nays" about the use of scout bikes. What experience do any of you have with scout bikers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had little play (none) in 40k, but i've played fantasy. 7 points is well worth a 3+ over a 4+, as each point of armor save gives you an extra 13.8% chance to live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But another factor is that scout bikers can move up to 12 inches before the game even starts. This can help get into assault the first turn AND tie up enemy units to prevent them from advancing. And their toughness 5 helps way against the 4+ armor save. Any other thoughts? I mean do any of you play them?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm one thing you gota know bout 40k Ger is that although the biker has insanly good stats compared to fantasy models the amount of shooting is greatly increased in 40k and there are many weapons that can ignore a 4+ save (heavy bolters, autocannon, assault cannon, plasma gun, meltagun, heavy flamer the list goes on and on and on...)

I really don't like them, bikers do a better job in my opinion. But thats just probaly because the only role I can find for bikers is tank busting. And then the bikers can get two metla guns while scouts can't. But I'm sure someone else could find a good use.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you take Be swift as the wind, and take Scout bike as an elite. Then give it Tank Hunter and meltabomb. That would give you a tank hunter scout biker that can move into combat the first turn, cheaper, and almost as good (or better) than normal biker.

But that's just some thought, I haven't use one yet either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bald inquisitor
    umm one thing you gota know bout 40k Ger is that although the biker has insanly good stats compared to fantasy models the amount of shooting is greatly increased in 40k and there are many weapons that can ignore a 4+ save (heavy bolters, autocannon, assault cannon, plasma gun, meltagun, heavy flamer the list goes on and on and on...)

I really don't like them, bikers do a better job in my opinion. But thats just probaly because the only role I can find for bikers is tank busting. And then the bikers can get two metla guns while scouts can't. But I'm sure someone else could find a good use.
    Umm, you contradicted yourself with the first two sentences in the second paragraph. I was just saying that a 13.8% better chance to live is well worth the extra 7 points. I never said anything bad about Scout Bikers. Yes, they're 12' move b4 the game is impressive, and they're cheaper. Who Cares? I was just trying to portray the better armored side of the deal.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

I think scout bikers are one of the most enticing space marine units in the codex, they always start on the board, have a huge move range and are somewhat tough. Saying that, I also think they're one of the most all around useless units in the SM codex because they don't *do* anything

Cool you can move a ton, and then?
    You always start on the board, and then?
    You have no decent weapons, TL bolters doesnt cut it and you dont have H2h weapons except for a Vet sarg which any squad can get. 4 bikers + sarg != good PF delivery system

I see them only useful against armies that have no H2h (IE tau) and only if you go first because they'll get blown off the board

I just think scout bikes were poorly implemented. If they could have weapon options I'd love them but again, TL bolters and 4+ armor do not make you good

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did :huh: ?

Dude, gero, what are you talking about?

When did I say anything about you saying that scout bikers where bad

I'm so confused :confused:
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, whoops. It was just that your paragraph didnt make sense. Sorry, lol.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm...

You guys seem to frown upon scout bikers alot: low armor save, bad in CC, bad with shooting, etc. However, I've heard some pretty good things about them too. Since none of us here seem to have any exp. with them I'll share what I've heard.

Scouts on bikes are not going to take on a Daemon Prince or some crazy badass squad of anything. But they do seem to have a purpose of tying units up. Lets say there is a unit, like a dev squad for example, that doesn't have much assault capability, but has ALOT of firepower. It would be highly beneficial to tie that unit up. But only scout bikers can do that. Why? Because they move 12" before the game starts and you have a 50/50 chance of getting first turn. For a cheap unit that can survive in CC pretty well its good. I think the majority of people here are just looking at the stats, how badass the model is, etc. There is more the game than just power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast