For all of you SW players any advice on getting into CC quickly? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all of you SW players any advice on getting into CC quickly?

Hi,

I was just wondering how fellow SW players, or any CC SM army gets into CC quickly with enough of their force left to get the job done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I play an allied SM and GK list.

If you want to get in CC fast get assault marines, transports, and teleport homers (for Sm termies).

Thats just the basics so I'm gona need a little more detail before I go on (army list, what you have, what you want to have, and who you play against).
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Well to begin... I usually play around a 1500 point game against my friends eldar or more recently his Dark Angels. Now in case you dont know about the history of the DA and SW... it goes way back to the primarchs.. but anyways there is a special rule that says we have a blood feud. So in CC anything with a weapon skill hits anything with a WS on a 3+ (we however do not play with this rule). I dont know if that would help me much or not, so far i think it would just help him. Now also with the space wolves I cant deepstrike my terminators unless the entire army deepstrikes. I would then lose my tanks and be limited to Speeders and Dreads (not bad but not great either). Now if I were to use assult squads I would have to use my bloodclaw bikers and switch their bikes for packs... only problem is they have a WS3 and BS3, also they have to move towards the nearest enemy, however they get +2 attacks on the charge. Now i have a venereable dread with an assult cannon and fist... he almost guarentees me that I get first turn. I also use Grey slayers with bolters and True Grit, 2 of them have Power fists. Now I find that I am always stuck in his crossfire and that if I get too close his vindicator takes care of me. So any ideas?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try a wolf lord in termi honors with SW termis in a land raider.

ITs expensive sure but its also the only solution I could come up with.

If you don't want to do this get a termi with a cyclone missile launcher so that they can take out enemy tanks as they walk towards the enemy.

Long fangs should deal with the vinidcare unless he hugs cover.

Blood claws with melta bombs could also take out the vinidcare if you spread them out a bit.

If blood claws have ws 3 than use the blood feud or he'll be hitting u on 3s and you be stuck on 4s.

Bikes are great for disuprting enemy plans, get a melta gun or two in the unit.

Rhino transports are a great help as well.

Get wolf scouts they are amazing for this kind of situation.

Blood claws only have ws 3 and bd 3? Man why does anyone use them? :p
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks alot for your help! i will take it into consideration!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they me how the battle goes ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so anyone else have any more ideas?

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Are you crazy dude? The blood feud would totally help you out more. I think he gets to hit you on a 3+ too if I remember correctly, but if his army is shooty style (which, knowing Dark Angels, they probably are), you will often have more attacks than him, which means more death. Also, your Blood Claws can especially benefit from the Blood Feud.

As a Templar player, I can sympathize with your problem. Bald Inquisitor gives some good advice, take transports or use drop pods. Your Terminators can enter play by Drop Pod even if the entire army isnt all using them I think. They go by the drop pods from the new Space Marine codex now.

Bald Inquisitor hit it on the head, Space Wolf Scouts are made for this type of stuff. You can have them enter from the opponent's edge and assualt a vicious shooting squad like Devestators or a plasma loaded Tac Squad, or take up a position to send a krak missile right into the rear armor of that Vindicator.

As for Blood Claws, don't question their weapon skill and ballistic skill, because it doesn't matter. They will still hit almost all enemies on a 4+ (the only exceptions being Bloodthirsters, Avatars, and certain Eldar and Dark Eldar characters), and shooting isn't that much of an issue since they only have bolt pistols and excel in close combat anyways. With Bikers, they're twin linked, and still have the +2 charge. Jump Pack Blood Claws are very uncommon, but I don't think they would be too bad either. I would put magnets on the jump packs, so that you can switch them for the regular power supplies when you aren't going to use them.

Blood Claws kick ass because of their vicious charges. 4 attacks for each guy and its a 15 man squad? Sign me up. :cool:

Also, I would go for a Leman Russ Exterminator. It can dish out heavy firepower and eat some too, and can wreck his tanks with that lascannon, then move on to punish his infantry with the autocannon and H bolters.

Try to engage his squads in cc with your fast units like Bikers or Scouts to stop that lethal shooting, and then follow up and finish him with your transport loaded troops.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot! this is very useful advice i will consider it carefully!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the new drop pod rules ...

these rules supercede the rules for drop podding space wolves in their codex. this means you CAN start with units on the table, and you don't have to have your entire army in drop pods.

most space wolves players take a venerable dread as an HQ choice...what's better than a dreadnought? a DEEP STRIKING dreadnought. take your compulsory Grey Hunters, and put them in a drop pod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast